August 2015 Moms
Options

Anyone been through this? Or going to be?

I'm going to be alone during labour and afterwards, even coming home I'll be completely on my own. Has anyone else gone through that? Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: Anyone been through this? Or going to be?

• Options
    I think a doula is a great idea. They can be pricey but often you can find a doula student who will do it for free or at a very reduced rate. They will also check on you after the baby. B

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know this might be a wackier idea but is it possible to deliver near your family if they aren't close by? I know switching providers late in the game is not ideal but if you could get support during and after maybe it would be worth it. If not, having a doula is a great idea.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There are postpartum doulas as well who come to your house and help with stuff in the beginning. Maybe that's an option?
  • Options
    JaclynnFisherJaclynnFisher member
    edited July 2015

look into late care with a midwife. I'm pretty sure you're in Canada (Alberta I think....) and midwives are covered in most (if not all) provinces. Call them up and see if they can get you in. If not, ask for some names of some doulas. This is REALLY  not something you want to be doing on your own. It IS hard and you need someone to also be looking out for you :)

I have friends just outside of Calgary if you're in that area - she had some great midwives and a doula I believe if you wanted some names

https://www.abmidwives.ca/find-a-midwife/

• Options
    There's definitely postpartum doulas and services that will come and help you out for free after the birth. You don't have to do it alone. Look into it in your area.
  • Options
    I've talked to my MIL about it, she'll come in as soon as I need her and stay with me to help out. Don't know what I'd do without her, her son may be a dumbass, but she's a wonderful lady.