C-sections

Gush of fluid 1 week after csection

anyone have a gush of pinkish brownish fluid from their section incision? This morning it was just leaking a little fluid then this evening I was nursing my son and I felt a large warm gush of fluid come out. I called the emergency line at the drs office and he seems to think its ok as long as I don't have a fever etc But it definitely scares me...and it's still leaking fluid..it's not blood, just watery pinkish brownish fluid. Has this happened to anyone else??

Re: Gush of fluid 1 week after csection

• I had this with my first son. It was a anak infection but I never developed a fever. I just put gauze on it and let it drain on its own. I did make an appointment with my doctor though. It took about 2 wks to break and stop draining.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • nirenire member
    I did at about 6 days post part. It happened overnight and seemed like a ton of fluid. My doc ended up opening up my incision and draining it as seemed like it was headed toward infection. It kept draining for a few weeks but never as much as the first time. It was inconvenient but nothing horrendous.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh! I should have scrolled down a little bit before I posted. I just posted something very similar. Had my c section on 6/27 and my staples removed on 6/30. This morning I noticed a little pinkish liquid dripping from the incision. I called my doctor and left a message with one of the nurse practitioners. Still waiting for her to call back. My husband says he thinks it's a normal part of healing, but I'd rather get the "all clear" from a person in the medical field for piece of mind.