Military Families

Alaska anyone?

Hi I'm a Coastie wife, my DH is SAR and we are PCS to Kodiak AK this summer. He was there before but this will be my first move.   We are currently TTC. Does anyone have experience with Tricare Prime Remote? Or TTC in Kodiak or Anchorage AK? 

Me (30)- PCOS....
DH (34) 
Eloped Dec2013/Married Sep 2014 

TTC since early 2014

ART worked EED 6/13/19

Re: Alaska anyone?

• BafryBafry member
    When we were in Fairbanks, we still had tricare prime, not remote... I don't know why Kodak would be different.
  • I'm in Anchorage and I have TriCare Prime, I assume you should should have the same.
  • Loading the player...
  • Fairbanks and Anchorage are cities. Kodiak is a small, isolated community. I would contact the health center in the community and ask about their services. A lot of these communities only have monthly visits from doctors or, if you're lucky, they will have a doctor. You may have to fly into one of the cities to deliver.
  • im in kodiak. 

the services are just fine here, i go to the community health center off base, theres plenty of other private establishments to go through.  theres plenty of doctors here, you dont have to fly into anywhere to deliver unless theres a serious problem. 
    otherwise you can have a csection or vaganal birth here.
    it is small but it isnt that isolated. boring place to live though 

karmana said:
    Fairbanks and Anchorage are cities. Kodiak is a small, isolated community. I would contact the health center in the community and ask about their services. A lot of these communities only have monthly visits from doctors or, if you're lucky, they will have a doctor. You may have to fly into one of the cities to deliver.