Multiples
Options

12 hrs sleep by 12 weeks?

anyone use this program?  I just started it a few days ago and have seem major improvements already.  My twins are exactly 2 months today and last night their last feeding was 7PM, fell asleep by 745, slept til 230 feeding, and then back down til 7AM.  I'm praying over the next few weeks that the night feeding will drop and they can make it the full 12 in the crib.  anyone else use this with success?

Re: 12 hrs sleep by 12 weeks?

• Options
    No I didn't.  But my boys were sleeping 8pm to 8am by 12 weeks... along with three two hour naps a day.  I didn't work any program, the MOTN feeding just kept getting farther from the bedtime bottle.  One day it just happened- I woke up at 7 am and jumped out of bed and ran into their room to check on them... They STTN from them on.
  • Options
    I just started reading the book and thinking it was impossible! Any advice @kr1814?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kr1814kr1814 member
    no real advice because I literally JUST started it a week ago.  But, I have to say there has been improvement.  My twins are 9 weeks old and were waking up about twice a night beforehand.  We were putting them to bed around 8ish and they'd wake around 12-1ish, and then again like 4ish.  The 4 hour feeding thing I really like.  I like having  a strict schedule.  I feed them 7, 11, 3, 7.  Monday and Tuesday night they slept from the last feeding until about 5am!  I was thrilled.  BUT..the hardest part is keeping them calm until that first feeding.  I'll be honest, I did not keep them in the cribs until 7am....I put them in the swings and they fell back asleep until 630ish  I had tried giving 1-2 ounces like the book suggests, but then they wouldn't finish their 7am bottle.  After sleeping through for 2 days I was really excited and then last night was a disaster.  I'm praying tonight goes as well as a few days ago.  I'll update again soon!
  • Options
    This is intriguing! I might buy this book.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    kr1814kr1814 member
    update...so I've been doing this since 6/24...today is 7/4 and one slept from 730pm-7am...and the other 730pm-545 am.  I'll take it.  The only really sucky part is that the one that woke at 545 wanted to eat...she had a totally meltdown but I didn't want to feed until 7 to stick to the schedule.  She eventually passed out in the swing and slept until 7.  But I felt really awful making her wait. 
  • Options
    For us, the girls slept in about six hour stretches by 12w. My daughters are almost eight and I'll never forget that first glorious night :*)
    no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    umm I wouldn't follow anything that told me not to feed my baby when they woke wanting to eat.  The point behind my post was that it happens if and when they are ready to STTN this young... IF I was in your situation, I would have fed the one that woke and then woke up the one that was still sleeping- which is what I did until my both STTN.  The whole- one up both up.  Your babies are only what 9 weeks?  subtract the time for prematurity- they are too little to do any kind of cry it out- which is basically what you did.
  • Options
    kr1814kr1814 member

umm I wouldn't follow anything that told me not to feed my baby when they woke wanting to eat.  The point behind my post was that it happens if and when they are ready to STTN this young... IF I was in your situation, I would have fed the one that woke and then woke up the one that was still sleeping- which is what I did until my both STTN.  The whole- one up both up.  Your babies are only what 9 weeks?  subtract the time for prematurity- they are too little to do any kind of cry it out- which is basically what you did.

I get what you're saying.  The past 2 days she's been waking at 430  and 5...both days I gave her 2 ounces and she went back to sleep until 7.  I'm NOT waking the other one up to eat just because her sister is hungry.  They are individuals and have their own sleep patterns.  It took me a few days to figure that out.  If the one twin is sleeping 12 hrs, why wake her.  If she wakes up and is hungry I will feed her, just like I did with the one that wakes. 

• Options
    kr1814kr1814 member

Also they were not premature...they were full term
  • Options
    kr1814 said:
    update...so I've been doing this since 6/24...today is 7/4 and one slept from 730pm-7am...and the other 730pm-545 am.  I'll take it.  The only really sucky part is that the one that woke at 545 wanted to eat...she had a totally meltdown but I didn't want to feed until 7 to stick to the schedule.  She eventually passed out in the swing and slept until 7.  But I felt really awful making her wait. 

So it is ok to deny feeding as long as you stay on schedule but waking one to feed them both is denying them their individuality and their own schedule?  So which was it did you feed her 2 ozs or did you deny her a feeding to keep to your schedule?
    And most twins are not born at 40 weeks- that is "term" not 37 , 38 or 39 weeks.  Plus CIO is NOT recommended until after 6 months- so really you are way off.

• Options
    kr1814kr1814 member

kr1814 said:

So it is ok to deny feeding as long as you stay on schedule but waking one to feed them both is denying them their individuality and their own schedule?  So which was it did you feed her 2 ozs or did you deny her a feeding to keep to your schedule?
    And most twins are not born at 40 weeks- that is "term" not 37 , 38 or 39 weeks.  Plus CIO is NOT recommended until after 6 months- so really you are way off.
    and if you read my follow up today I said that I fed her and she went back to sleep.  i did not deny her any food. You must have a comprehension problem.