Pregnant after a Loss

Intro (losses mentioned) - Bleeding Question *update*

borgahurstborgahurst member
edited July 2015 in Pregnant after a Loss
Hello all. I am 30 and pregnant for the third time but we have no living children. I have been active on the Feb16 board and am currently about 7 weeks along.

Our first two losses were basically identical - happened at about 5.5w with bleeding, cramping - each natural. The first happened in Aug14 and the second in Nov14.

This is the furthest we have been in a pregnancy, have had an ultrasound and there was a heart beat. I am taking progesterone supplements daily - something they think caused our previous MCs (as other tests seemed to rule out chromosomal or autoimmune issues). However, today as well as two weeks ago, I have had some light bleeding.

Two weeks ago the doctor said it was likely implantation. Today they said to take it easy and drink lots of water. Each time it was the same - I didn't notice it until I wiped but when I did it covered the TP - it was more red than brown but darker than bright red. It was somewhat wet but mostly just appearing. It tapered off into light brown and eventually stopped.

Of course when that happened again this morning I was panicked. But as it faded I felt less worried. Then it happened again this afternoon and is now tapering off again.

Of course I think I am paying extra close attention but I swear I have had some light cramps/twinges/pressure. However, there has been no pain like what I felt in the previous losses. My other symptoms seem to have remained the same (sore breasts, hunger followed by no appetite, frequent unrination).

At this point I know it's just a waiting game. But I guess I just wanted to see if anyone else has had similar experiences or has any advice on waiting out the bleeding with less panic.

Thanks for letting me vent here. Other boards are helpful but I know this community knows acutely the fears I am feeling.

UPDATE:
In case others wanted to hear positive outcomes - after an u/s yesterday everything looked great. Measuring on track and heat rate up to 161! They were not sure what caused the bleeding but they did say it was possible to bleed throughout. Trying to keep the positive thoughts rolling!
Married 7/20/13
#1 MC August 2014 @ 5 Weeks
#2 MC November 2014 @ 5 Weeks
#3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Intro (losses mentioned) - Bleeding Question *update*

• I am due February 18 and I started taking progesterone at 5 weeks. 3 days after my first dose of progesterone suppository, I had like you described only pink in color and only when I wiped. It stopped, then happened again 2 days later. At my appointment last week, I asked if that was normal with the suppositories and he said it is not uncommon since you are constantly causing irritation to the cervix. Still makes me crazy nervous, but since it only started after the progesterone, I am hoping that is the cause. Hope you have a healthy pregnancy and we get our rainbows in February.
  • Thank you @rachrobertson. It's helpful to hear others have had similar issues. I am taking progesterone orally so it's on like I am digging in there every day. But I am hopeful that it's just changes in the cervix that's causing "spotting" here and there.

And an update - it did have some more dark red this evening but again, only one wipe that then dissipates.
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations! Scary, but so happy for you. Are you trying to take it easy? It could be a little subchronic hematoma that keeps getting irritated.
  • Congratulations! Scary, but so happy for you. Are you trying to take it easy? It could be a little subchronic hematoma that keeps getting irritated.

They did say that could be it but there was no indication of that on the ultrasound. Either way, the bleeding has stopped (for now).

And lucky for me I am a teacher so I have the summer to take it easy. With nausea and exhaustion rearing its ugly head today I am extra grateful for that!
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yay! Well, may be if you're exhausted enough you can sleep through your nausea? :D
  • Vets1Vets1 member
    Great news on the update!
  • Great news! Keep us updated!
  • So very happy to hear that you got good news!  Congrats!
  • I am trying to remain positive but damn it's hard not to over analyze every little thing. I have had the slightest of slight light brown spotting here and there the rest of this week but no cramping so I try not to think of it. Thursday I had what felt like a complete loss of symptoms but no worry- they returned that evening. But I can't help but fill myself with worry about those things. I can't wait until my next appointment (next Friday when I will be about nine weeks) where fears can either be confirmed or denied. Ugh. So. Many. Weeks. To. Go.
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know it's hard, but you're doing great! We all worry, there's no way not to after a traumatizing loss. Hang in there!
  • Appointment today in a few hours.... So horrified. Hopefully I can return with good news. Yesterday was the only day since my bleed last Monday that I had zero spotting. It was always slight and brown (if I wasn't looking for it I am sure I would have missed it). Twice I had a small stretchy clump of old blood. I feel like I have just prepared myself to be told that the baby hasn't continued to grow - at least that way it will be a pleasant surprise if all is well. Think good thoughts for me, ladies. Thanks for the support.
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Praying like crazy!
  • All is well. Measuring right on track - 8w6d and heart rate 175. Thank goodness. We are off to Mexico on Sunday so I am hoping to stay stress free while down there. Thanks for the good vibes!
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Enjoy and, as always, don't drink the water! ;)