1st Trimester
Options

I can't stop eating!!??

Hey everyone! I am nearly 8 weeks pregnant and I can NOT stop eating non stop all day..... I'm so tired and so hungry constantly... I find if I eat something healthy it doesn't fill me up at all so I'm looking for carbs and substantial meals that will fill me up fast! Help!!!! I've always been a pretty skinny girl and I'm piling it on!

Re: I can't stop eating!!??

• Options
    Yea you'll be hungry. I'm suffering from the same thing. Just reach for whole grains and anything high in protien. Lean meat, Greek yogurt, avacado, whole wheat bread and pastas. Peanut butter. Oatmeal. Try and have a healthy snack every few hours
  • Options
    Yes, I was the same way for about a week and a half - seems to be getting slightly better (now more nauseaous). I had to eat every hour on the hour from the time I woke up (5:30 am belly growling) til dinner time. 

I also agree that the 'good for you' snacks are not filling and instead I go for less healthy options. At this point, I feel like my mindset is go with whatever works, otherwise you'll drive yourself crazy beating yourself up about what you're eating!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies in definitely beating myself up about it and feeling really crappy.., I'm also eating frequently because I find it helps me feel less nauseous... And I'm worried to do exercise because I know I will be o hungry afterwards I'll go for anything that enters my brain...
  • Options
    You should try low impact exercise, go for a walk or swim. It will help even out all the food you're piling on. Like I previously stated, lean protein, healthy carbs and fiber!
  • Options
    I've been the exact same way. I'm constantly hungry, and eating small and frequent meals helps the most with nausea for me. As others have said, healthier snacks are best - I've found that I love vanilla Greek yogurt with fruit mixed in - it's sweet enough to soothe my craving but still good for you nutritionally. Nuts help a lot too - anything with lots of protein and/or fiber will help make you feel fuller longer. (On that note, FiberOne bars are delicious - fills me up and as a bonus helps to keep things, you know, moving along). And stay hydrated for sure - lots of water!
  • Options
    Alykat587Alykat587 member
    edited July 2015
    I'm almost 7 weeks and starving almost constantly! I ate healthy food all day today and got hungry about every hour to every two hours. I mainly crave ice cream and sweets and milk has never tasted so good. I'll try to add some nuts to my diet to see if that helps because yogurt, oatmeal, fruit, veggies, and salad with chicken aren't cutting it for me. I haven't experienced morning sickness yet.
  • Options
    I haven't experienced morning sickness either just yet but have felt nauseous... I tried to have nuts and rice crackers today I just couldn't even swallow it... But had no problem eating a chocolate and some banana bread! Oh Lordy..,, let's hope this is temporary I already got told I'm showing when I've just got fat bloat!
  • Options
    I'm 7 weeks and I'm eating everything. I found out I was pregnant like super early at 4 weeks and it has been since then that I want to eat everything/hungry every hour. My DH was like "I have never seen you eat this much in the past few days then you have in our whole time being together." haha Like the other ladies have said, try to have a healthy snack every couple of hours with protein (peanut butter sandwich, I have pasta for lunch sometimes which fills me up, oatmeal, I eat granola in the morning). Hopefully my eating habits eventually slow down. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am constantly snacking so that I do not get sick to my stomach or worn down as my day goes on.  I still eat a decent breakfast, lunch and dinner, but I find that my portions are smaller now.  I get fuller, faster, believe it or not.  I don't feel so guilty snacking on a cheese stick, cashews and almonds, a piece of fruit or veggies throughout the day, because I know it's healthier than chips and other sweets.  Although during week 5-7, I had huge food aversions so whatever sounded good to me, that was it! Let's just say the Chinese place down the road from me was getting quite the business on vegetable lo-mein and the ice cream store just a few blocks down from that was making chocolate milkshakes every evening for me, it seemed. =P
  • Options
    I'm at 8 weeks and also always feeling peckish.I'm also tired all the time, yet have a hard time sleeping. 

Just eat a lot of fruit and veggies in the interim. I'm glad I've really been loving eating fruit so that's been filling a void for sure. 
  • Options
    I am 6 weeks, 5 days and I can't stop eating.  My nausea is more manageable if I eat every hour or so.  I have a lot of food adversions so I seem to be constantly going to PB, apples and crackers.  I hope that this is just a phase that will soon pass...along with the morning sickness.
  • Options
    I'm always feeling like I can eat something. I try to just snack on healthy things, but I admit that sometimes I'll grab some chips. I usually go for some fruit, apples are really pleasing and filling at the moment. We spend more on groceries now because we buy so much more fruits than we used to but I find that we eat it all. Also cheese might be a good option because it provides you with some calcium as well! 

It's strange because sometimes when my husband makes dinner (he's been making pretty much every dinner since I got pregnant, which is nice) I sit there and have no appetite and force myself to eat, then an hour later I want to eat everything. It's weird.

• Options
    Does anyone know how many carbs are appropriate for a pregnancy? I stay hungry a lot, but always have. I tend to stay away from any carbs other them fruits and veggies. Should I increase my carb intake?
  • Options
    You should have everything in moderation, cutting out carbs whilst pregnant is not good for you or your baby start off small so your body doesn't go into shock