1st Trimester

Can someone give me some hope/positive vibes? :)

Hi girls! I hope all of you are doing well!

I'll cut right to it. I had several losses last year and a slew of hormone issues this year because of those losses and fertility treatments. We stopped with the treatments three months ago and haven't been "actively" trying.

I ovulated 2 weeks ago, and I have been nauseas for about 1 week or so, as well as a few quick headaches throughout the day. Neither are knocking me down...totally manageable. I never had nausea before with the others, and I've never had nausea last this long in general. It definitely seems to be worse in the morning, then will go away for a while, and randomly come back for bits at a time throughout the day. Never had to throw up, and other than one night, I never FELT like really throwing up. It's iust queaziness.

Sooo of course I'm allowing myself to get just excited enough to stay positive and feel great, and I really have felt great emotionally and physically, other than these symptoms, which I honestly welcome with open arms!

My period is "due" any day now. This morning I had some light pink when I wiped, and I could see it in drops in the toilet too. It's very light, and I have zero cramping. Of course my heart sank a bit when I saw it, but I also know that spotting is super common since implantation can occur around 12 days, +/- post ovulation.

Can anyone give me some hope? Or similar stories that led to BFP's? :) My home tests have all been negative so far, but I think I'm still testing too early. I feel good though, and I have a good feeling from within. Just sending myself sooo many positive thoughts and hoping to get some from you as well!

Re: Can someone give me some hope/positive vibes? :)

• If you ovulated two weeks ago it's most likely your period arriving, especially if your hpt's are negative. But, there is always a miniscule chance. Wishing you all the best.
  • I have to agree with the previous poster, it would be unlikely to get a negative now and still be pregnant. What brand of test are you using and how sensitive are they? Anything with a sensitivity of 20miu or less should almost certainly be showing positive. In my experience my nausea didn't kick in at all until around 6-7 weeks. Sorry I can't give you good news, but I wish you the best of luck. If you didn't get pregnant this time don't give up hope :)
  • Loading the player...
  • At 12 dpo, most tests (not necessarily digital) should be giving you a positive if you're pregnant. Implantation usually occurs 6-10 dpo...by 12dpo you should have enough hcg to turn a test.

I'd buy a FRER and test tomorrow morning, or wait until you actually muss your period. I wish you luck, but realistically your period is probably stsrting.
  • I had implantation bleeding back at what was listed on my tracker app as 17 DPO and had a positive pregnancy test at 19 DPO. Every woman's body is dofferent.....we do not all ovulate on the same schedule so what is norma for one may not be for another. Sending you positive vibes!
  • rosegoldgirlrosegoldgirl member
    edited June 2015
    Thank you @kwinsor85! I feel optimistic about this. :) I actually ovulated about a week later than I used to. I think my 3rd loss really threw my cycle out of whack! But I did the OPK and it turned two dark lines before I could blink haha. That was two Wednesday's ago. Last time I was preg, my test didn't come up positive until day 39 of my cycle! 39!! It was nuts. I think my cycle must have been off then too now that I'm seeing how this one is. But I neeeeever had nausea. This nausea has literally been with me for over a week, every day, and in waves throughout the day. I thankfully haven't bled since yesterday morning, so I really hope it was just spotting from implantation!!

Thank you again for the positivity and good vibes!
  • I was doing acupuncture for fertility and my acupuncturist said he commonly had women whose tests didn't come back Positive for a week, even 11 days once. Good luck, hope for the best but prepare either way x
  • @rosegoldgirl please let me know how everything goes!! Still sending positive vibes!! My husband and I tried for 3 years to get pregnant with our 2nd (current pregnancy) and I understand how frustrating the waiting and what not can be and you always want to remain hopeful but sometimes that is so incredibly hard without support.
  • I have no idea on the bleeding - unless you were temping, you don't know for-sure when you ovulated, and therefore when your period is due - however - IF you ovulated 2 weeks ago, and started experiencing nausea 1 wk ago, it's likely not due to pregnancy (or if it is, your dates are off).  The general rule of thumb is if you are pregnant enough for symptoms, you should be able to turn a test.

I hope for you that it is *just* spotting and a test turns soon - but if the tests are negative-  the nausea isn't from pregnancy (yet).
    28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
    Kiddo #1 = 10 cycles of trying, 1 CP and is now a toddler
    TTC#2 since 2/2017

• I dint know myself but... I have a condition called APS ... It is a blood clotting condition I then ended up In ICU .. With 12 blood clots on my brain had around 6 - 9 strokes.. Then got chorea gravidarum (it's uncontrollable movement of the left side of the body) mind you we tried everything for 5 years to get pregnant before falling I then delivered a tiny beautiful baby girl weighing only 620 grams we named her Rayah she was most defiantly the strongest little girl I have ever met but sadly our baby Rayah passed away after 5 months in the NICU .. She put up the best fight anyone could ever had I am so proud of our baby angel and I tell her that everyday .. Also in my placenta they found many blood clots also the professor & my medical team told me she saved my life because I could have been driving along and then suffered a stroke or heart attack.. They also said that many women with the APS are usually unaware they have it as it is only detected during pregnancy ..

Now 10 weeks pregnant I went in for an MRI and all it's clear have to have haloperidol and clexane injections every night ..

What I'm trying to say is we have a 7 year old DD and our baby angel

And both where different I had pretty much given up on having more children when we went on a holiday to Thailand for a holiday left for Thailand on the 20th march and was due for AF then didn't get them until we got home .. 10 days later ...

And then late again ... I was secretly checking hehe and low and behold I was pregnant! :) .. And I didn't get a SLIGHT BFP at 32 DPO !! :) so yep it's not over until that beast rears her ugly ugly face :) ... Sticky vibes for you ! GL !!!! :)
  • Sigh. Nothing, no pregnancy. I got my period two days ago. I think the two rounds of ovulation trigger objections I did really screwed up my hormones. :( I'm still feeling SO nauseous every day, and it's been about 3 weeks now. Headaches too. It's not all day, just sporadically. I feel a bit better after I eat, but then it comes back. I'm so confused and so upset with my body. I've never had nausea like this before and it just really sounded (from what I've heard) like it could be "morning sickness." My body sucks. My periods the last two cycles were pretty strange in general, and again, I think it's from those injections. My body reacted HORRIBLY to the injections and we decided not to do the 3rd round because of that. I had weakness in my arms and legs, and all sorts of symptoms that sounded like MS or a variety of other scary conditions. Neuro tests ruled all of those things out thankfully, and it's been MUCH better now that the hormones from the shots are working their way out of my system (3 months later). I guess maybe my nausea and headaches are more symptoms of my body really disliking everything it's been through. 3 losses in one year + 2 hormone injections to trigger ovulation. Sigh.

If you could all just send some good vibes my way that my hormones aren't permanently screwed up from this and that I get pregnant and have a great pregnancy soon, I would be forever grateful. <3
  • So sorry to hear this <3 Definitely sending positive vibe your way though!! It took me over 3 years to get pregnant with this munchkin so I can understand the frustration.
  • Are you temping? That's the only way you can determine ovulation so next time you're in your tww, you know exactly when your period should come and there's no guessing. Check out the fertility friend app and do the tutorials. Also check out the ttgp board. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• yodapup said:
    Are you temping? That's the only way you can determine ovulation so next time you're in your tww, you know exactly when your period should come and there's no guessing. Check out the fertility friend app and do the tutorials. Also check out the ttgp board. Good luck!
    ^^ This - Temping takes so much stress out of the TWW...  "Ovulation trackers" (without imputing temps) base purely off averages - sometimes just overall averages and not your own personal averages.  OPKs are helpful in indicating you MIGHT ovulate in the next day or so - but cannot confirm it - so even a +OPK doesn't mean you are 10dpo 10 days later... make sense?  FertilityFriend, TCOYF and TTGP are great resources - they helped me "graduate" to this board!
    28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
    Kiddo #1 = 10 cycles of trying, 1 CP and is now a toddler
    TTC#2 since 2/2017

• PumpkinTi said:
    I have no idea on the bleeding - unless you were temping, you don't know for-sure when you ovulated, and therefore when your period is due - however - IF you ovulated 2 weeks ago, and started experiencing nausea 1 wk ago, it's likely not due to pregnancy (or if it is, your dates are off).  The general rule of thumb is if you are pregnant enough for symptoms, you should be able to turn a test.

I hope for you that it is *just* spotting and a test turns soon - but if the tests are negative-  the nausea isn't from pregnancy (yet).
    This! x1000! This is why temping is SO important. When you temp, you don't have to guess when your period is due, so you know when you are ACTUALLY late, and not just ovulating later than expected. I'm sorry that you truly thought you were pregnant because of the nausea, that is exactly why I dislike symptom spotting. Like @PumpkinTi said, the general rule is if you are pregnant enough to have symptoms, you are pregnant enough to turn a test. So next time, take a test and believe it. Save yourself the disappointment. 

Please take her advice about ordering TCOYF (new edition released today!) and downloading FF. It will honestly help you so much. Take the time to learn about your body.