Baby Names

Girl Name Help

edited July 2015 in Baby Names
We have a few weeks left, which is your favorite and do you have any other suggestions?

Girl Name Help 75 votes

Adeline Skye
29% 22 votes
Emma Skye
46% 35 votes
Lucy Skye
22% 17 votes
Raina Skye
1% 1 vote

Re: Girl Name Help

• Lucy Skye is very Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds  so no on that although Lucy is my favorite of the first names. 
    I am so over Addy names and Raina Skye just looks very weather like. 

Emma Skye by default.

Is Skye definite? 

• Loading the player...
  • Ditto to above on Raina and Lucy.

I like Emma a lot though

• Lucy is the best name from your list but I wouldn't pair it with Skye because of the song association. I like the Beatles but I wouldn't want my child named after a song about LSD. If the middle name has to be Skye I would go with Emma.
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    If you're definitely using Skye as the middle then I'd use Adeline

I wouldn't use Lucy (as pp pointed out, the song Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds) or Raina (rain + sky = a little cheesy)
  • Thank you, I didn't even think of the song! Obviously we're not big Beatles fans lol.

Skye is sentimental because our DS loves it and keeps suggesting it for his sister. It's not a definite, we just thought it was sweet.

Also kind of funny that the song is about LSD because those would be her initials if we choose Lucy! We definitely will avoid that combo!
  • Thank you, I didn't even think of the song! Obviously we're not big Beatles fans lol.

Skye is sentimental because our DS loves it and keeps suggesting it for his sister. It's not a definite, we just thought it was sweet.

Also kind of funny that the song is about LSD because those would be her initials if we choose Lucy! We definitely will avoid that combo!

I'm dying. LSD. That's too effing funny.

I really dislike both Adeline and Emma but I think I'd go with Emma.

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • bbiutmcph said:

Lucy Skye is very Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds  so no on that although Lucy is my favorite of the first names. 

I am so over Addy names and Raina Skye just looks very weather like. 

Emma Skye by default.

Is Skye definite? 
    This!!!!