Wisconsin Babies
Options

New to Milwaukee and 20 weeks :)

Hi, 
Just moved to Milwaukee and interested in meeting up with moms to be and making friends. Our OB is established at Columbia St. Marys. Can anyone give me feedback if this is a good hospital for delivery? 

Thanks!

Re: New to Milwaukee and 20 weeks :)

• Options
    Welcome! My OB is established there as well. I chose to have my first DD at the one in Ozaukee. It's smaller, more personal, not a teaching hospital (no residents) and you don't move rooms after birth. Risk: no ICU. Good luck
  • Options
    Welcome to MKE!
    My OB is also with CSM and I will be delivering there in June! :) From what I gathered in my birthing class, it is highly ranked and their birthing rates have only continued to go up. The tour of the maternity & postpartum wards proved comforting and promising for delivery as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a Milwaukee first time mom! Going to deliver at froedert/children's. We live in tosa and neighbor is a nurse there. High rated trauma center and NICU so wanted just incase. It is a teaching hospital so I know some are prob not comfortable with more people in the room, residents etc.
  • Options
    CSM is a great hospital! Welcome to Milwaukee!!!
  • Options
    I work at that hospital (sadly not ob:() and delivered my 1st son there before we switched to my husband's insurance. We had a Great experience and my sister has delivered her 2 there as well with no complaints. Great hospital to deliver at, awesome nurses in the units. You should have a very good experience! Good luck!!
  • Options
    I work at Froedtert and will happily deliver there as well. It's a great hospital and teaching hospitals make for the most up to date and safest places to deliver (thanks to tkns of resources, learners and 24 hour in house faculty). If you don't want students involved, you just have to say so. I've done that and never had any issues. Also, the ob/gyn residents rotate at all the hospitals in the area, so chances are you'll get the same junior doctors no matter if you deliver at CSM, Froedtert, Aurora or Wheaton.