Pregnant after IF

*** 1st Tri Checkin - 06/29/2015 ***

Oh, crap, sorry I’m so late posting this week’s checkin!  Explanation to come in my update…

Welcome!

This is a weekly checkin for members in their 1st trimester. Congrats to everyone that has made it to this check-in! Feel free to post your updates here until your 14th week.  

Please post below and include your EDD and how many beans you have. (And let me know if I have any info wrong!)  How far along are you this week? Any appointments or other updates?

QOTW:  What childhood favorites of yours do you look forward to sharing with your LO(s)?

December

Last week in 1st Tri!  I know there’s not currently a 2nd Tri Checkin but you can start one up…it’s not so hard, I promise!  :)

@MrsBwIVF - 12/30/15 - 2 beans - Glad your announcements went so well!  Sorry that your grandmother was such a downer, though, that’s frustrating.  Best of luck in 2nd tri!!

January
@Daggermouth - 01/04/16 - 1 bean - Sorry to hear that announcing at work will be so stressful, that sucks.  :(
@kbeck008 - 01/05/16 - 1 bean - 
@TheNaijaGal - 01/08/16 - 1 bean - I hope everything's going well!
@somewhereinafrica - 01/08/2016 - 1 bean - Can’t wait to hear about the 12-week app’t!
@andimegie325 - 01/10/2016 - 1 bean - Glad the Doppler is helping you connect with your LO!  FX for you that this pregnancy is totally textbook and uneventful.
@marnief - 01/12/16 - 1 bean
@emikat - 01/13/16 - 1 bean - 
@lilbabe2016 - 01/13/16 - 1 bean - 
@emcarl24 - 01/21/16 - 1 bean - Hope the nausea gets better...and good luck at the first OB app't!
@baby5395 - 01/26/16 - 1 bean - Glad you’re enjoying the Doppler! 
@Kelley421 - 01/26/16 - 3 beans - I hope the perinatal group will take you!  Hang in there, I can only imagine how overwhelming 3 beans must be.  You will be amazing.
@rsottile - 01/27/16 - 1 bean - 

February
@shelly333 - 02/02/16 - 1 bean - 
@Knottie4978096 - 02/02/16 - So glad your US went so well, and congrats on graduating!
@CandaceMM - 02/04/16 - 1 bean - Welcome!  Congrats on graduating to the regular OB!
@Roeni - 02/05/16 - 2 beans - Hope both heartbeats are on track at your US.  FX for you!
@kendragrace1215 - EDD? - 1 bean - 
@hopes4baby - 02/26/16 - ? bean(s) - Welcome!  Glad your betas are doubling!  I know the wait for the first u/s is hell, hope the time goes quickly for you.
@eekers - 02/27/16 - ? bean(s) - Welcome!  FX for happy doubling betas and a happy healthy 9 months!
Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
TTC #2 since Feb 2015
BFP 5/4/15

Re: *** 1st Tri Checkin - 06/29/2015 ***

• OK, incredibly annoying because I wasn't really *this* late - I posted this 4 hours ago, and apparently TB ate it.  How frustrating.

Anyway - my apologies for being so late.  Per my other thread, on Friday (11w3d) I started feeling incredibly nauseated and extremely weak from exhaustion, plus dizzy/faint every time I stood up or stood too long.  Fast forward to this morning and pretty much all I've eaten is dry Cheerios and toast with jam.  The smell of pretty much anything else turns my stomach, and I'm down to 3 lbs below my pre-preg weight.  So I called my doctor's office and left a message with the receptionist explaining all this, asking if it's just regular morning sickness and if they had any recommendations as to what I might eat, and the receptionist said the doctor would call me back by the end of the day.  Instead, the nurse called me back within an hour and said, "The doctor wants you to go to Urgent Care for IV fluids."  So, for the first time in my life, I went to Urgent Care.  Not how I expected to spend my day!  Fortunately my MIL was willing to give up her mahjong game to watch my DD.  I feel *much* better - not weak anymore, and no more dizziness/faintness.  Still not super-into food, but at least I've been able to expand my tastes to include peanut butter (yay protein!).

So that's my crazy update!  Next app't isn't until the 7th or thereabouts, so hopefully my next update will be totally boring.

QOTW: I love to read, and I hope both my daughters inherit that, because I would love to share my favorite childhood books with them - Anne of Green Gables, The Little Princess, etc.
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • RoeniRoeni member
    No updates here because my appointment is Thursday.  I have had a very strong sense of smell as well that has almost made me sick a few times.  When I was changing my son's diaper yesterday morning I almost puked...had to back away and breathe.  LOL.  Later that morning I took a walk and smelled a few garbage cans from the street and whoa!!! Anyway, the anxiety is building for my next appointment.

QOTW: I look forward to spending holidays with my LO's as well as vacations.  Growing up we always had so much fun on family vacations and I had a real sense of family.  I hope we can provide that to our LO's. I am just ready to explore the world with them! 
  • Loading the player...
  • No updates here! Next appt is thursday. 

QOTW:  What childhood favorites of yours do you look forward to sharing with your LO(s)?
    I am looking forward to giving my child a loving, supportive family. I had an...interesting childhood and not a lot of "love" was shown. That will be different with my family, we have so much love to give. 
  • No new appointments this week. The perinatologist did accept us! So we have a doctor and see him in three weeks. Graduate from RE after Mondays appt.

QOTW: I love sharing old movies with my DD currently- we recently watched "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" and she loved it! She loves the Goonies and Matilda too. We have also been busy building marble runs, which was one of my fav toys. I'll share all these things with the new ones too, when the time comes!

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• Hi there ladies!!! Sorry i have been MIA the past week or so. DH and I have a lot going on!

As far as updates go not to much to report. I have another u/s on Thursday. It's sound like like after the u/s there is a good chance that i will be graduating to a regular OB!!! I have a feeling it's going to be bittersweet. I truly love the ladies that have been with me through my fertility journey and it will be sad that i won't get to see them on the daily/weekly basis. It's also gonna be very sad that I won't get to see our LO on a weekly basis anymore :'( 

QOTW: One of my favorite childhood memories and something I looked forward to everyday was getting up and having tea and toast with my dad. We would get up early and make the tea and toast (with marmalade) together and then watch cartoons while I sat on his lap and ate breakfast together. As I got older I didn't sit on his lap anymore (lol) and the cartoons turned into just dad and I talking. I never realized how much that meant to me until I got older. Now it is something that I can't wait to experience with my LO. I feel very fortunately that I had a wonderful childhood and I can't wait to share those stories and memories with my little boy or little girl. 

My trip down memory lane has made my eyes leak. :) I think I need to give my dad a call! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • eekerseekers member

Updates - blood work from yesterday showed my levels increasing as normal so that's really exciting!  First ultrasound will be a week from Friday to confirm a heartbeat.  Overall I'm feeling good but exhausted.  My sense of smell is working overtime - @Ronei I hear ya on the smell of garbage.  I gagged walking thru our neighborhood last night by one particular house.  I think they had fish remains that they left in the can down by the street. 

QOTW - I'm looking forward to sharing my love of Winnie the Pooh.  I loved everything - books, movies, stuffed animals, etc.  @marnief - I also love to read and look forward to passing that along and sharing those stories with my LO.

• No real updates here. 1st appt after being released to OB is Thursday. Nausea continues, but seems to be changing. Hopefully it's a sign that it's on the way out!

QOTW: I can't wait to read with LO. I love to read and am already plotting what books I NEED to have ready to go :)
  • Hi everyone,

Had my second OB appt yesterday and heard the heart rate, which was exciting. She only let me listen to it for FOUR seconds (I was recording for my husband, so I know) and then put her Doppler away! That really sucked. But today I had GREAT news- MaterniT21 came back all negative and it's another BOY! So excited. And so relieved. We are starting to tell people today, a great feeling. 

QOTW: I am so very lucky b/c my parents saved EVERYTHING! I have every book I ever owned, every article of baby clothing, and every toy still in the box, in great condition. Perhaps LO won't be too into my Strawberry Shortcake dolls, but every single Star Wars figure is ready and waiting!!!
    ***WARNING***
    BFP, child, and losses mentioned, although I loooooooove success stories!!!

Me: 40
    DH: 48
    IVF #1: 8/2011 transferred 3 4-cell 3-day highly fragmented embryos, had 12 weeks of bleeding and 1 perfect DS
    IVF #2: 8/2014 BFN
    IVF #3: chemical, had 2 left to freeze
    FET #1: BFN
    IVF #4: 12/2014 transferred 2 great-looking day 4 embryos, none left to freeze, BFP, u/s showed empty sac, m/c approx 9 weeks
    IVF #5: 4/2015 transferred 2 early blasts on day 5, BFP on HPT at 8dp5dt, 1st beta at 14dp5dt: 3628 omg
  • Hi, checking in. I am 8wks and some days, due Feb 5. Had a scare this morning, woke up to some spotting/bleeding... Went in for U/S and was DX with a small SCH. Thankfully baby is doing good. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hello all!

Yesterday was just incredible. I don't think I have felt so light in months.....

Had our scan and saw the baby at first sleeping away and then woke up and walks wiggling and kicking away. Has long legs and is measuring a day bigger. All the little body parts where there and looking great! I'm low risk to start but she said nothing indicates any problems!! No fancy blood tests available here but I can finally come off all my meds.... As had my bloods done and they we're happy! Just the iron was 13 and they were happy with anything above 12 so on the low end and she wants me to try and eat more iron rich foods!!

It's amazing to see the baby and how well baby like it is ..... We have been on a baby high ever since ..!

Travel and music .... I can't wait to share both with my child!
  • Hello ladies, not much to report really until my 2nd Tri :( the regular OB didn't see the need to do the NT scan or any of the blood work you all are having, so I'll be waiting until week 15 for my next appointment. I'm really bummed about that, I miss seeing my LO and its so hard still to run on faith that everything is just hunky dory. NOT that I've had reason to think otherwise, it's just a let-down after such constant care.

QOTW: I can't wait for my babes to grow up in the amazing family I've found with my husband. Most of my aunts, uncles, and cousins don't talk to me and I can't figure out why, so my side of the family is very limited. His is HUGE and they all get along (which to me is strange lol) they love you for who you are and there's no judgement. I can't wait for the LO to grow up in the environment I never had... Other than life, that will truly be my greatest gift.

8 Years
    2 Miscarriages
    2 Ectopic Pregnancies
    1 Round of Clomid
    1 Fresh IVF Cycle
    1 Bean and 5 Frosties!
  • Hi - not much to report either. Found an OB saw her on Tuesday. Everything still normal. I go in next week for the genetic counseling and the start of testing.
  • I forgot to do the QOTW. As a child I got to explore nature. A lot. Turn over rocks, look at tracks, take crayfish home as pets. I look forward to sharing that with my child and seeing the wonder that I felt in their eyes as they learn about the amazing world around them.
  • New to this board, so hopefully I am doing this right. First time pregnant after IVF. 4wks4days put back 2 beans but not sure how many took. First beta was 330, having a second one tomorrow. EDD is 3/9/16