December 2015 Moms
Options

Fur Babies

so my fur baby Max decided I was a good place for a nap. He hasn't laid with me like this in over a year! Love quiet days like this

Re: Fur Babies

• Options
    313Meg313Meg member
    soaking up the attention now!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad my Max isn't the only one lol!!! He has been snuggly all afternoon!!
  • Options
    This is our boy shadow trying to hide his face after I caught him licking the peanut butter off my bread.
  • Options
    Better pic of my first baby
  • Options
    Sweet sweet pics of all the fur babies!!! Have any of you been practicing with a baby doll?!?! My DD has one of those weighted baby dolls and I have been holding it and I scared the dog lol. She wouldn't go near the thing!!! I wonder how our fur babies will take to the new addition?!?!? Anyone have good suggestions to help with transitions and not leaving out pets??
  • Options
    Kiwi went to the vet today and thinks she is the queen of the office. I love our cat only vet!
  • Options
    Mr. Tank.

I'm not too worried about the transition, everything slow and easy. Never leave baby alone with an animal.
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD May 2005 MC Nov. 2012
    MC Aug. 2014
    Chemical Feb. 2015
  • Options
    These are my girls Lilly and Skootch! Skootch(the grey one) has always been my shadow, but lately Lilly won't leave me alone
  • Options
    Here are mine! Frank (pointer-pit mix) and George (maine coon mix) love to be as close to me as possible at all times!
  • Options
    My baby has always been stuck under me every since she was a puppy! :x
  • Options
    I'll try that too! Thanks for posting those tips. I have a boxer as well. She is very calm around me (always has been) and gets excited and wild when DH comes home. I think DH coming home with blanket first and then me is a great idea!!!
  • Options
    Beckah31 said:

Kiwi went to the vet today and thinks she is the queen of the office. I love our cat only vet!

My dog back at home is named Kiwi, he's a terrier mix! Everyone always made fun of the poor guy because of his name. It's exciting to see another Kiwi in the world! Too cute! :) and he also went to the vet yesterday!
  • Options
    My two fur babies just before Plato went missing
  • Options

My sister gave me some great tips for this from a book she read about it. One of them was to bring something home that smells like the baby, like the PP said. Also, anything that you are going to change, do it now, like kicking them out of the bed, etc, so they don't associate that with the new baby. When you first come home from the hospital, you should come in without the baby, have daddy outside with the baby, for instance & pay some attention to the dog before having daddy bring the baby in, so they don't associate the baby with you being gone. And, this was the most surprising to me, most people will naturally pay attention to the dog when the baby takes a nap, or something. You think, "Oh, I have time to give affection just to the dog!" But you should actually do the opposite! When you are still establishing the baby in the home, you should only give affection to the dog when the baby is there with you. That way the dog thinks "Hey, whenever the baby is around, I get loves! That baby is pretty cool, I like it!" I think that's all the tips. Although, I did see an episode of Dog Whisperer once where they practiced walking the dog with the stroller before the baby actually came. I think I'm going to do that & if you plan on walking your pup & baby together it's probably a good idea.

These are great tips! I will definitely be using!

• Options
    This is my big baby, Richard.
    Hes so clingy and protective over me and the kids.
    Emily & Alex imageimage
  • Options
    I love seeing all the fur babies
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD May 2005 MC Nov. 2012
    MC Aug. 2014
    Chemical Feb. 2015
  • Options
    I just ate a pickle and miracle whip sandwich and out boxer kept begging me for a bite. That is my boxer Star! She is Max's best friend, but I doubt he sees it that way lol!!!
  • Options
    Love all these furbabies!!! My sweet pup protects his twin baby brothers and they aren't even here yet!
  • Options
    My boxer Bailey ;)
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD May 2005 MC Nov. 2012
    MC Aug. 2014
    Chemical Feb. 2015