Baby Names
Options

Worst name your SO suggested!

Re: Worst name your SO suggested!

• Options

Oh and I can't even talk about the crab legs. I shopped at that store in college and there's no way you can just walk out on accident.

No. Let us not talk about it. It hurts too much.

I'm in Florida, too! Publix 4ever, man. Best grocery store in the world. Nothing better than their Pub Subs and a sweet tea!
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options

Oh and I can't even talk about the crab legs. I shopped at that store in college and there's no way you can just walk out on accident.

I'm in Florida, too! Publix 4ever, man. Best grocery store in the world. Nothing better than their Pub Subs and a sweet tea!
    My husband is a pharmacist there. ;)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    g8trkim said:

My husband is a pharmacist there. ;)
    Cool! My husband works in the corporate office in accounts receivable.
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    Florida girls! Publix turkey subs are my jam. I moved to central FL from NC in my teen years and I was so in love with those subs that I actually wondered how I survived with out then.

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • Options

Florida girls! Publix turkey subs are my jam. I moved to central FL from NC in my teen years and I was so in love with those subs that I actually wondered how I survived with out then.

They are the best. And I am so sad that they don't press their subs anymore. Steak and cheese was my favorite pressed with honey butter. But they can't do it anymore because they got rid of their machines! So now I stick to the chicken tender sub. Yum.
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

• Options
    SemattiSematti member
    edited July 2015
    Edited because half my post got deleted. Ugh!

Back before I was pregnant my husband like April and Summer best.

His only suggestion since I have been pregnant has been Jonni (with an I) Kane after two Blackhawks players since they won the cup this year and obviously our daughter was a big part in that. I told him thanks but we're sticking with Emilia.
  • Options
    I used to live in Florida (Tampa / St Pete area) and moved away for work a fee years ago. I'd move back in a heartbeat if DH and I could both find jobs there. (But he works in a field which doesn't have work down there)

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    Totally off-topic - Publix fried chicken subs kept me going when I was in Orlando in my first trimester. Only thing I could stomach! Oh, and my husband wanted Fiona.
  • Options
    Cappy like from the show Greek on ABC family about greek life. I put an instant VETO on that.

Soren and Torin were two other boys names he came up with. Just reminds me of a Hobbit type thing. Surprisingly with girls names they are not too too out there and we have more common ground on girls names than boys. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Totally off-topic - Publix fried chicken subs kept me going when I was in Orlando in my first trimester. Only thing I could stomach! Oh, and my husband wanted Fiona.

Publix fried chicken is the BEST!

I wish I could contribute to this thread but SO hasn't mentioned anything terrible...yet. Though if he were on here he could list all the awful names I pick. I want biblical but not super common, so I use Hepzibah as my stand-in joke name (nn Hepzi rhymes with Pepsi) until we saw a commercial for hepatitis c medicine (nn hep c) so now my poor little Hepzi sounds like a drug user :(

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options

Publix fried chicken is the BEST!

I wish I could contribute to this thread but SO hasn't mentioned anything terrible...yet. Though if he were on here he could list all the awful names I pick. I want biblical but not super common, so I use Hepzibah as my stand-in joke name (nn Hepzi rhymes with Pepsi) until we saw a commercial for hepatitis c medicine (nn hep c) so now my poor little Hepzi sounds like a drug user :(
    Bahahahaha! Poor baby HepC. Well darlin at least you're self aware enough to laugh at yourself/call yourself out!

• Options
    violetparmavioletparma member
    edited July 2015
    My OH Likes hannibal but as in barca not lecter lol no way!! Also likes Tiberius, he does laugh when saying them tho to wind me up
  • Options
    DutchLucyLuDutchLucyLu member
    edited July 2015
    MH hasn't really suggested any names that are intrinsically bad/silly, so I was just going to lurk on here, but the Judas thing made me think of something. My mother and all her siblings - including her three brothers - have the middle name Maria. With the last boy, by grandma told my grandfather 'NO Maria this time' but when he got back from city hall, guess what? Maria. Apparently it's a Dutch Catholic thing, but really. There are hundreds if not thousands of men in the Bible that have, you know, MEN NAMES and my poor uncles get stuck with Maria?
  • Options

MH hasn't really suggested any names that are intrinsically bad/silly, so I was just going to lurk on here, but the Judas thing made me think of something.

My mother and all her siblings - including her three brothers - have the middle name Maria. With the last boy, by grandma told my grandfather 'NO Maria this time' but when he got back from city hall, guess what? Maria. Apparently it's a Dutch Catholic thing, but really. There are hundreds if not thousands of men in the Bible that have, you know, MEN NAMES and my poor uncles get stuck with Maria?

Believe it or not this is also practiced in Spanish speaking Catholic countries! I believe the custom has tapered off. As a Catholic convert, I'm still getting into the whole patronage of Mary thing. I have a lot to learn still!

• Options
    @Sematti: As soon as the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, people kept texting me, "You gotta name your baby Stanley!" 
  • Options

@Sematti: As soon as the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, people kept texting me, "You gotta name your baby Stanley!" 

LOL I'll probably get that next from him. Except Stanley with an I to make it oh so feminine. ;)
  • Options
    I think the only bad name he ever suggested was Gavriella (not a typo). I love the name Gabriella, but I'm not really sure where he got that spelling from.
  • Options
    marissagy said:

Judas for a boy. I mean really?

Mine thought it was hilarious to sneak in famous traitor names to our very real boy name discussion. Options included Benedict, Judas, Brutus, etc.
  • Options
    DH suggested Aurelia. It's not horrible but it just doesn't roll of my tongue very easily. Plus it was the name he and his first wife were going to name their child but had a change of heart once she died (before being born). And for a boy it is Lane... ugh no. I agreed to use one of his mom's names as a MN for a girl, though I am not a big fan of either (Gail Marie).
  • Options
    marissagy said:
    Judas for a boy. I mean really?
    Sure, unless you're religious. 

It's a nice name. 
  • Options
    As a Catholic, I'm picturing my son Judas getting called up for confirmation or communion and I'm super LOLing. Not that I would actually do that but it would be pretty effing funny to see IRL.

• Options
    Zander, Thor, Rocky, Jimi, Hendrix....oh the list goes on. He's keeping me very entertained though. Lol
  • Options

Zelda

(yes, he was serious lol)

• Options
    Michael Jr. I just did not feel it at all and then he was constantly pushing it for a 2nd boy; which I think is bazaar for a 2nd to take on the Jr. role from dad. Thank goodness he did not put up a fight.
  • Options
    My DH was really hell bent on Sterling for a boy. Luckily we had a girl.
    httpss-media-cache-ak0pinimgcom564x9c95d69c95d674dd5cf4fca6bd9d384e78e24bjpg
    LFAF February Siggy Challenge - "Favorite TV/Movie Couple"

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload26b89148c7b33ea94ce2d81113588d17jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadd47bf7ca05f00f6cf5bf636c32d9a75bjpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload8eecaf9159c3ef2d76474f4858e0ca7cjpg
    httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploada6e4cbc633a118da3abd087f7518f2c8jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadc77e51750c881e1e2ec7bd004e796cd3jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload54f663537b430163ad7fac1203ceb664jpg

Me: 28 | DH: 29
    DD: 10/17/13
    TTC#2 Actively: 10/14, NTNP: 01/14
    Left-Sided Hydrosalpinx (cause: genetic abnormality, TREATED 11/16)

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/396b04

• Options
    DH hasn't really suggested anything crazy, but he did suggest Giovany... Yes spelled like that. I told him if I were to consider it he needs to allow it to be spelled right lol
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Michael Jr. I just did not feel it at all and then he was constantly pushing it for a 2nd boy; which I think is bazaar for a 2nd to take on the Jr. role from dad. Thank goodness he did not put up a fight.
    Yuck, I feel you on Jr. This is my first boy, and I love my husband, but I don't love his name enough to call two people Greg, LOL!

• Options
    My husband loves Remington if we have a boy, it's too much of a mouth full and I am not giving in. It's not that I think it's horrible, but I don't like Remi for short either. I am stuck cause there are no boy names I just love, but I have a long list of girl names! Of which he isn't going to agree with lol ...the struggle
  • Options
    My DH wanted super plain, uber common names: James, William, Tyler, Travis...which is the farthest thing from my style.  Our last name is super English and common, so anything we picked would've sounded like we were trying too hard to sound presidential.  To be fair, there are two former Presidents with our last name and every first born male in his family has a presidential name.  Yack.
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
  • Options
    My husband continues to suggest Astro for our girl. When I asked him where he got the name he said "I like space names." So I suggested Astrid or Estelle but nope, he likes Astro. I used veto power on that one.
    CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    Side note: our very Texan neighbors were discussing names and we overheard the following:

Him: "How about D'Andre?"

Her: "..."

They went with Leopold in the end :)
    CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    Oh and I can't even talk about the crab legs. I shopped at that store in college and there's no way you can just walk out on accident. No. Let us not talk about it. It hurts too much.
    Yay for Florida girls!! Publix subs are my LIFE.
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails

• Options
    Ignatius

Apparently one of his friends from University named her child that. He was joking when he suggested it to me.
    imageimageimage
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge

• Options
    anorthro said:

My husband continues to suggest Astro for our girl. When I asked him where he got the name he said "I like space names." So I suggested Astrid or Estelle but nope, he likes Astro. I used veto power on that one.

Astro... As in, Astro glide? The poor kid would have no chance in life.

And all this Publix sub talk is making me hungry! We don't have Publix around here (Pacific NW), but they sound tasty!

• Options
    DH doesn't suggest bad names. Just ruins ones I like. I loved Oliver but our last name is bohannon. He wanted to nickname the baby OB. Like Star wars.
    My dad wanted us to name him Tyrone Anthony - after DH and my dad and FIL and brother who all.share the middle name. Then wanted to xqll baby Ty so he could call him Ty A Bo.... really.....
  • Options
    KristieA said:

Ignatius

Apparently one of his friends from University named her child that. He was joking when he suggested it to me.

This was a real suggestion by my DH. It almost grew on me because he was loving/pushing it so much. Also, Vito. We have a very Italian last name, which I guess is better than having a kid named Vito Smith. I just wasn't looking for our son to have a Godfather name.