July 2015 Moms
Options

Lost mucus plug

hi everyone!

I'm currently 36 weeks and 4 days and just lost my mucus plug. At my doctors appointment a couple days ago I was 1cm dilated and 50% effaced.

Does anyone know if labor is coming soon?

And happy July 4th!

Re: Lost mucus plug

• Options
    Labor will come eventually, loosing your plug basically means nothing as it can regenerate. Just like being dilated means nothing.
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had exactly the same experience. 38 weeks now, and no sign of anything soon. Best advice - ignore it and don't over think it... It drove me crazy!
  • Options
    It's different for everyone. But it doesn't mean baby's coming soon. When I lost mine with my first pregnancy, I went into labor a few hours later. So, it could be baby time, or more waiting. It'll happen though!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    eclohoecloho member
    Just started to see a wee bit of brownish (like end of period) tint when wiping after peeing this morning, but not necessarily mucousy in consistency... could this be the beginning of my "show" or plug?? I know it doesn't mean labor right away but just curious
  • Options
    there have been so many posts on the plug! not to be negative, but losing it is awful, it gives hope that labor is soon and it actually means nothing as said above because it can grow back! I lost mine at 36 weeks and was hopeful that I would go early and it made for a long 2 weeks when I realized that it wasn't coming early. I am now 39 weeks and lost mine again this morning. think nothing of it, sorry, keep walking and moving!
  • Options
    eclohoecloho member
    @Lulamae123 unfortunate but good to hear! I have tried hard not to focus on anything but waiting for those REAL contractions to come! Haven't even had my cervix checked yet doesn't seem worth it… Will just make me more anxious than I already am
  • Options
    Doesn't really mean anything, unfortunately. Labor will come when it wants to. Mucous Plugs can even regenerate themselves.. I lost my last week and I was already 90% effaced and 3cm - still no labor, still no baby.