July 2015 Moms
Options

Baby girl name!! Need help!

My husband and I have not found out the gender of our baby and we are due in three weeks!! :) We were pretty set on Molly Danielle if baby is a girl - but now we are thinking about Elin (pronounced Eee-Lynn not ellen). Which do you think sounds best? Elin Danielle or Molly Danielle ... Thanks!!

Re: Baby girl name!! Need help!

• Options
    Soms12Soms12 member
    My vote is for Molly Danielle!
  • Options
    I think both are very nice. Elin edges out Molly to me slightly, but not for any real reason.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think Molly sounds best and another thing with Elin is it will probably be mispronounced or spelt a lot of the time and you'll be constantly correcting people, although it is a nice name.
  • Options
    Agree with PP you'll have to correct Elin alot probably, but its really cute. Are you open to different spellings, like, Eelin so that people are more likely to say it right not like Ellen?
  • Options
    Have you considered Elina instead of Elin? It's a bit less confusing pronunciation wise. I also think it flows better with Danielle.
  • Options
    crf4crf4 member
    Elin is miles above Molly for me. Guess I've just know too many "plain" Molly's to ever have a liking for the name. There's both completely acceptable though!
  • Options
    I love Molly and Elin. I think I would choose a different middle name it takes away from the adorable first names
    image Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    You could spell it Elynn so no one mispronounces it. But I am pro Elin :)
  • Options
    Thanks for all the help!! I def know picking the name Elin may require some correcting and we are okay with that. I guess we will wait to see the baby! Again, we don't know the gender so it may actually end up being Finn Michael after all is said and done lol
  • Options
    eclohoecloho member
    I agree I like Elina Danielle. My sisters name is Elena (Spanish for Helen)
  • Options
    I like them both a lot! They're very different, so maybe wait and see which fits her best when you lay eyes on her - if indeed she is a girl.

Definitely spell it Elin, though. Creative spellings are bad news bears.
  • Options
    Elin. By far. Spelt exactly as is
  • Options
    I like both! I'm partial to Molly because it's my aunts name and she's awesome :) Elin is cute but it might be annoying to her to have to explain how it's pronounced over the years so maybe change the spelling? But I also had when people spell regular names in a ridiculous way...sooo haha I'm no help.
  • Options
    I like both, but people might mispronounce Elin. Molly is really cute. What about Molly Eiln
  • Options
    Elin!!
  • Options
    Molly is cute, but I love Elin! I have a semi unusual name that is often mispronounced, and I hated it when I was a very young, but now I love that my name is not as common as many others. Good luck!
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17