September 2015 Moms

Registry Mystery!!

So I had my baby shower on Sunday and my family and friends were incredibly generous. I felt so humbled by the gifts I received. Felt love for my child who isn't even here yet, so much more of a special event than my wedding shower. The purpose of this post is to ask about something that is a mystery to me. I registered at BRU and because I am nosy I looked at my registry the day prior to my shower and saw our car seat was bought. This made me very excited! Through the rewards sign in on BRU.com I can actually see what town and what else was bought when the person bought the car seat because it gets applied to my rewards due to the registry, they bought wrapping paper and ribbon. The car seat did not make an appearance at my shower. I am led to believe from my snooping that it wont be shipped to me because they went through the effort to buy wrapping paper. This car seat is the 20 lb and up 3 in 1 175 dollars. There isn't anyone I can think of who was missing from my shower who would spend that kind of money on us. I am not a patient person and when I spoke to my husband he actually asked if this was purchased and I said yes but we did not receive it yet. He goes well we need to know if we can count on it and I am like of course thats how I feel but I'm actually the voice of patience in this situation and said we won't need this particular seat until past Christmas depending when the baby hits 30lbs. I said worst case we wait until we can't anymore. I'm sorry if I am not asking a direct question lol I am kinda ranting to try to get this out of my head and hope you all don't mind. Did anything like this happen to any of you?  

Re: Registry Mystery!!

• WDDCHWDDCH member
    Makes me wonder if someone grabbed the wrong registry and got it for someone else? Or maybe whoever got it hasn't given it to you yet. I'm sure you'll get it soon if it wasn't a mix-up.

So you can see what town - are they local or not? Maybe they will wrap and ship.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • WDDCH said:
    Makes me wonder if someone grabbed the wrong registry and got it for someone else? Or maybe whoever got it hasn't given it to you yet. I'm sure you'll get it soon if it wasn't a mix-up. So you can see what town - are they local or not? Maybe they will wrap and ship.
    @WDDCH Yes its a local town. One of my coworkers thought it might be a mix up too. I'm hoping one way or another it gets resolved sooner rather than later. I would almost prefer it gets returned, which I can see on the rewards section as well, than this limbo.
  • Loading the player...
  • This actually happened to me at my bridal shower. Someone bought "me" the fancy shmancy wine bottle opener I wanted but I never got it. When we did our completion event, we were told it was purchased in Florida (we live in the Philadelphia area). There was a girl with my exact same maiden name and first name so it was a mix up. Fortunately it wasn't something necessary like a car seat! Maybe call BRU and see if they can actually see who bought it!
  • I know it's exciting but just try to give it a few weeks!! Maybe someone didn't want to look like they were going overboard, so they are holding it back to gift to you in private? :) You never know! Keep us updated!!!
  • I had a bunch of little things purchased off my registry that no one has given us (yet). They were purchased 6 weeks ago so not sure what's up with that! Hopefully the car seat really was a gift for you! I wonder if the store would tell you who ordered it?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LoveLee85 @thinkpink101 I have thought about calling the store and seeing if they can track the purchase by what was purchased. My only concern would be if they cannot give that info due to security purposes etc. I am trying to be patient, obviously not doing a great job, but I'm a work in progress!
  • Haha! That would drive me nuts!!! At least, if you do buy it, you can return the other one if you get it. And if not, we'll you got the credit!
  • @CaboBride2015 because this one doesn't have a base that you can transfer the seat from one car to the other I would need to buy two of them anyway for the second car, which is another thing I told my husband. I want to put another on the registry so that we can use the completion discount on it possibly, but he is saying lets not worry until its time for him to be in this larger seat. I don't know whats the best option. And yes I am going nuts lol
  • Ah crap... yeah that makes sense. Well hopefully it will show up, maybe someone wants to give it to you once baby arrives!!
  • Maybe they'll give it to you around Christmas time??? Early gift shopper? Lol

Justin Kyle

• Maybe family members surprising you? For my wedding shower I registered for a kitchen aid mixer, thinking no way in hell would anyone dish out that kinda money. The females in my family pooled their money and got it as a surprise!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Could it be a joint gift from a group of people at work? Or maybe your parents or his got it to give you after your baby is born? My mom ordered things from my registry and gave them to me over a period of time - at my shower, when baby was born, a few months later, etc
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with what was mentioned above. Things were purchased off my wedding registry that I didn't get until our wedding. I realize a baby shower gift is different, but maybe it will be a gift given when the baby is born or when they have their first birthday?
  • BRU is the worst about putting invoices with their bigger packages when they deliver it to the registered couple. It only had the shipping label!

I got three big items with no invoice. It just came in the original merchandise box. I didn't know who to thank. It was so frustrating. The giver had to ask me if I received their gift because I didn't know who gave it to me. Made me think they thought I was ungrateful.

That would be my suggestion to BRU. Put an invoice and out the name of the person who bought it!
  • I was shocked at my shower by some of the gifts given to me by friends. I ended up with 3 pack and plays and this is a $200 pack and play. Were there any close friends invited who cancelled at the last minute?
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012
  • That would drive me crazy. It happened to a few items from mine but they didn't show up at the party. It was due to having problems shipping to my apo. Most people told me but Amazon tells you WHO purchased it which is nice except one person didn't mention it and it never showed up so I had to assume something went wrong with the order. I hope you can solve the problem soon!
  • @amp61470 most of my friends live in a town much further from this bru. One close friend couldn't make it but she would have gone to the milford store.. at least I think so lol. I'm hoping it's my mom now that you guys suggested that maybe a Christmas gift. My only thought against it is it was bought with wrapping paper and ribbon the day before my shower. It's crazy what you can see on the Web site
  • Who would think to give a car seat as a gift months after the baby is born though? I'd ask your mom if it was her just to rule it out. Worst case is you buy one keep it in the box till the last minute and return it if the gift does show up. Or use it for a second car?
  • @caityrose that's what I'll probably do cause with this one it doesn't have a separate base we will need two anyway. Only reason for this to be an ok late gift is its for 20 lbs and up so someone might want to give later but again the rewards area states there was wrapping paper bought and I could even search the paper and it's baby shower appropriate not Christmas very interested on how this is gonna pan out
  • Maybe a group gift from coworkers?  If you haven't gotten it by the time you get your completion coupon, I would add another one on your registry and buy the car seat.  I assume you're talking about an infant seat (since you referenced bases) and you'll need the car seat to take the baby home (at least that's the case in Massachusetts). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Update! My mother's bosses wife of all people purchased this for us, wrapped it and gave it to my mom this week. I did end up putting it back on registry because it doesn't have an interchangeable base and my mother will need one for her car since she's taking him on Fridays but again this seats for 20 lbs and up so this is all way early preparing cause I'm ocd about things. Thank you ladies you kept me from going crazy
  • For my wedding I received a gift in the mail from my BedBath&Beyond registry that had no invoice/info on who sent. I went to the store and begged and pleaded but they would not give me a name of who purchased. I was never able to send a thank you note and always felt bad about that :( hopefully you can get more info out of BRU, but I'm doubtful. Can you start another registry somewhere else for the discount? I didn't have a baby shower but have multiple registries just for the completion discount. I think some stores only give you one shot at the coupon and I can't buy everything at once so I put the same items on several registries so I can still get at a discount maybe spaced out a couple weeks at a time. I don't think the completion coupons expire right way, you might still be able to use it closer to when baby needs it.
  • I had this happen to me with one of my showers. The pack and play had been purchased off my registery. One of my coworkers told me when she was trying to make the purchase the wrong item got clicked off the registery.