January 2016 Moms

Pregnancy is weird..

This afternoon I ate 5 lemons, half a jar of olives and a mango cut up in soy sauce and vinegar... Literally the only things that sounded good.
I then had to go to the toilet which sucks, cause the medication I'm on for this horrible sickness has me SUPER constipated. And, well, my butt started bleeding. Joy.. I hope that's not abnormal.. I'm not too worried haha
Then I cried because my partner started drinking a juice box and they're supposed to be for him to take to work.
I've also had a headache for four days now and have been completely exhausted. I'm 12wks 2days so I better get better soon!!! Does everyone else miss pooping normally and eating foods that are normal!?

Re: Pregnancy is weird..

• I can relate. The other day the only food I could stomach was raw tomatoes. I was starving, so I ate a ton of them, until I got a stomachache.

I have major constipation issues in pregnancy. I've tried all the "safe" remedies and they don't work. My OB suggested Miralax, and it's been a lifesaver. Its category C, but only because there haven't been enough studies to call it category B. There is no evidence that it's unsafe, in fact it stays in your GI tract and doesn't get absorbed. Unlike other laxatives, you don't become dependent on it either. I'm trying to spread the word about it because constipation is so miserable!

Good luck!
  • ug im so sorry, that's miserable!! maybe check your prenatal too?  i've heard some are worse than others for causing stomach issues. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes! I miss pooping a lot it bothers me that I can't poop and it never did before. I'll be glad when I have an appetite again
  • :( hang in there @lyannast !
    I've had no appetite + nausea + aversions for the last several weeks. I still have random days where the nausea comes back.
    But today I feel like a black hole for food. I'm trying to eat slowly so I don't make myself sick but I'm sooo hungry :/
    Maybe try a gummy fiber supplement? A lot of ladies on this board seem to like them, I've seen them recommended frequently.
  • I was constipated from week 6 to just couple days ago .it was horrible .stomach hurting .pain everytime i tryed to go to bathroom . then i starting eating frosted mini wheats n all of a sudden I'm back regular again .
  • Ha! Those are some awesome weird ass cravings :)
    About me: Daughter turns 4 in Feb 2016... second baby due in mid-Jan 2016!   
  • I managed to poop yesterday haha! It was glorious!

I take coloxyl but I think most of you are American so I don't know if it's called that there
  • Am I the only one that can't stop pooping ?? I wish I could just be normal again , I'm currently 11w3days and the nausea is still my biggest problem but being constipated isn't one . I must add I take gummy prenatals
  • dksport03dksport03 member
    edited July 2015
    Im either constipated or Ive got diarrhea. Cant find a happy medium!!!!
  • Haha we should start a #pregnantproblems tag :P
  • I am also suffering from insanely terrible constipation and bleeding bum ;-)

I am trying to get down a bowl of Fiber One cereal every morning to see if it helps the cause

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I didn't poop for so long then I decided to take dulclax ... By the end of the night I pooped my pants and was on the toilet all night. But hey I pooped!!!!!!! #pregnantproblems
  • I feel your pain! I haven't had an easy pregnancy this far. I'm 13 weeks today but I feel like I'm 9 months pregnant! I couldn't poop at the beginning up until last week, and I hardly crave anything. I still have those horrible nauseous feelings though. JOY.
  • Hahahahahahaha oh my goodness @abbi1995 I'm sorry, but that's just hilarious! You poor chook!

Hopefully our symptoms go away soon girls... I suspect if we're all due the same month, we're all either in or entering the second trimester... That's supposed to be the good time, ne? Fingers and toes crossed for all of us! :')
  • JsaadeJsaade member
    I had haemorrhoids  to begin with-- so you can IMAGINE how little I poop. 
    It's awful-- i'm 13 weeks now, and i haven't had ANY weird cravings!!! nor any random burst of crying etc. 

is anyone else not having any of that?? 
  • JsaadeJsaade member
    ANDD are there any laxative type medications that I can try that are OK'ed by your Gyno?? 
    I've heard that all Laxatives are really dangerous, but various mums to be in this thread claim they have taken them??
  • Oh no, you poor thing!
    I didn't get cravings until about a week ago, and even now I don't get them often cause I'm still quite sick.
    I know women who didn't get symptoms until much later in pregnancy. As for crying, I've always been a bit weepy anyway haha, I'm a sensitive soul ;)

Um, I'm Australian and I don't know if you have this, but my doctors + midwives have put me on coloxyl :) I take two a night and it helps a bit. I also snack on dried prunes
  • Last night I was having such terrible cramps, and as soon as I had the strength and went #2, it was gone. I just hope my baby is okay. Every morning I have a glass of chocolate milk when I get up to kiss my boyfriend to work, and for the first time ever I threw up my chocolate milk. I felt bad bubby had to baby me before he went to work. :(
  • How many weeks are you? @BethP321
    I still cramp, I find a warm bath works wonders for it. Yeah, I've been very vomity the whole time... I feel your pain xx
  • 14 weeks 2 days. I never once had morning sickness, so it was rather odd for me. I only got sick when I had an out of control migraine. And as for the cramping, I hope it never hurts that badly to go to the bathroom ever. again. But lately what comes in, hasn't been coming out (sorry TMI) so this was bound to happen. It was so terrible.
  • Omg ladies! You all need to get poop stools! Listen, seriously, get a stool and put your feet up on it while you sit on the toilet to poop (almost squatting position). It will literally change your life. It changes the angle of your pelvis so you don't have to strain to go!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Alright so here's a new one: I ate some milk chocolate chips plain out of the bag the other day as I was rummaging through the baking supplies. We are talking maybe 10 chips altogether. Within about 5 min I had a stomach ache.
    Never had that happen before, and they weren't old or anything. So sad to give up chocolate but it just isn't worth it now. :(
  • No constipation but I'm recovering from a hot lava attack! 2.30Am it came on :-( It's my birthday weekend and my office got in Thai food (!!) and cake... So I had a hot lava afternoon too :-( I had to have cake!! skipped dinner last night and my toast seems to be settling ok this morning...
  • I'm having constant diarrhea (no gallbladder) and once I'm hungry if I don't eat right that second my nausea becomes ten times worse.
    TTC my #1 with PCOS since June 2010.
    Countless Clomid&Femara Cycles.
    Feb. 2014-April 2015=AF arrived on time. 
    EDD: January 14, 2016. Finally.image
    Expecting One Healthy Baby Girl!!!
  • 13 weeks, 1 day. I had terrible nausea from weeks 5-9, then most of the time up until week 12, and now just sometimes. So glad it's getting easier. I found sleep helps when it's really bad. I've also had a migraine, and headaches. I eat a lot of oats, veggies and wholemeal toast, so don't have as much bathroom issues as you guys. Exercise helps too. Best of luck.