December 2015 Moms

Kidney Stones

So, on top of the lovely round ligament pains, I am now dealing with kidney stone pains. What a joy this second trimester is turning out to be. I feel worse than I did the first. I'm incredibly tired all the time, still nauseous, and now have pains coming at me from all sides of my abdomen. Pregnancy is so great... sarcasm. On the other hand, my baby is growing and my body is making the room it needs, so I can't complain too much.  

Also, the lab lost my blood work for the NT screening and since it's too late to screen for it now, they footed the bill for the NIPT screening, which screens for more AND will tell me the baby's gender and blood type in two weeks. Yay, I don't have to wait until August. 
mc April '14, September '14
chemical pregnancy February '15

Rainbow baby EDD 12/19/15

Re: Kidney Stones

• I've had kidney stones on and off my whole life. Last week I passed two! Not cool. When I cut out dairy, keep drinking water and stay away from processed sugar, my stones are almost non existent... Hopefully this helps you!
  • I was in the hospital last Friday with FIVE kidney stones, a UTI, and kidney infection- it was the absolute worst. I'm feeling better now, but boy that was rough while also being 16 weeks. If kidney stones are almost the equivalent to the pain of labor, I'm more than prepared.
  • Loading the player...
  • Kidney stones are worse than labor....that's what I told my husband when I didn't get get anything with our daughter since she came so fast. Still hurts but at least the end is a wonderful reward!
  • I was in the hospital last Friday with FIVE kidney stones, a UTI, and kidney infection- it was the absolute worst. I'm feeling better now, but boy that was rough while also being 16 weeks. If kidney stones are almost the equivalent to the pain of labor, I'm more than prepared.
    Agreed. I've had them lodged and had to get them lasered out so if it is more painful than childbirth... being it on.
    mc April '14, September '14
    chemical pregnancy February '15

Rainbow baby EDD 12/19/15