September 2015 Moms
Options

Healthy snack suggestions?

I've been slacking on my healthy eating lately and I need to grocery shop so would any of you like to share your favorite (healthy) snacks? I'm in need of something new. Thanks in advance:)

Re: Healthy snack suggestions?

• Options
    I would KILL for some Brie!! It's on my definitely no eating it during pregnancy list

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I 2nd apples and nut butter (I usually go for natural peanut). I eat a lot of Greek yogurt and add almonds and chia seeds. Hummus and veggies is another that's always good, as is string cheese. Basically I try to eat as much protein as I can for snacks and usually add a fruit or vegetable.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Green grapes and Harvati Cheese, cottage cheese, trail mix, cheese and whole wheat crackers, fresh berries with Greek yoghurt, apple slices,
  • Options
    I have been craving watermelon and cherries. That typically satisfies my sweet tooth. When I need some protein I go with a whole wheat muffin with almond or peanut butter or some cheese, or Greek yogurt.
  • Options
    Oatmeal with blueberries and raspberries! Now that it's hot I don't always want hot oatmeal but you can do "overnight oats" and soak them in milk and yoghurt in the fridge overnight and they are perfect in the morning! Google it for more info :) I second the cherries too! I'm obsessed.
  • Options
    Watermelon, cherries, and frozen green grapes are my go to snacks. I also keep a bag of cashews, almonds and craisins in my desk at work for when I need a protien boost.
  • Options
    Cherries, Greek yogurt, almonds, cucumbers with just a teeny bit of salt, watermelon, plain popcorn, chocolate rice cakes, fruit and nut granola bars, mangoes.
  • Options
    I've also been eating a ton of cherries and watermelon. My other snacks are cheese sticks, fiber one cookies, hard pretzels, carrots and dip, sugar-free Popsicles, peanuts, 100 calorie cookies
  • Options
    kbfashkbfash member
    Hummus and carrots / bell peppers, banana and peanut butter, skinny pop, Greek yogurt with berries and granola, unsalted almonds and yogurt covered raisins...
  • Options
    kbfashkbfash member
    @KereyLynn if you have an Aldi near you they have a great big bag very affordable too!
  • Options
    I can't get enough breakfast cereal. I love the Organics brand honey nut o's. Also vanilla yogurt with fresh blueberries!! Yum! and veggies dunked in ranch. Not sure how healthy the ranch is but I love it....
  • Options
    Cottage cheese, string cheese, almonds, pistachios, carrots, cucumbers, fig bars, fruits, bell peppers, celery and pb, granola bar, salad, cucumber salad, chips and salsa, chocolate milk!
  • Options
    So many great suggestions! Thanks guys:D
  • Options
    @PregNancyClark I am always snacking on breakfast cereal. I love corn flakes with almonds and raisins mixed in.
  • Options
    Fruits have been my go to snack, especially mangoes but my ob says they're high in sugar and I should limit myself to one. I was eating like 5 a day. LOL! Luckily I passed my glucose test.
  • Options
    Mmmmmm cucumbers.... So true
  • Options
    Popcorn. I crave salty snacks instead of sweet :) I also do cottage cheese with hot sauce on it.
  • Options
    Fresh fruits :) lately I've been eating cut up strawberries and blueberries, mango, watermelon, and cherries. Mmm. But also some nuts like almonds, or yogurt with a little granola is good. I also like to cut up veggies and make a tray with some hummus I can munch on :) I also LOVE string cheese, on get a block of cheddar and just cut off a big piece, mmm. Now I've made myself hungry haha.
  • Options
    I found out that I have high blood sugar...so I took to Pinterest and looked up snacks that lower blood sugar. So far LO loves dried mangoes, but dark chocolate, cashews, and avacaodo on triscuts are awesome. Broccoli and ranch and low sugar no bake peanut butter cookies are more of my favorites