February 2016 Moms
Options

Unusual symptoms

so, I've now had diarrhea since 4 weeks exactly, and now I'm in week 7. I mean constantly all day, wake me up in the middle of the night bad. They took a stool sample and I'm waiting for the results. But... I'm wondering if this could just possibly be my very own version of morning sickness. Has anyone else experienced this??

Re: Unusual symptoms

• Options
    ecmbecmb member
    I have not but I've heard it can be very common. I'm not sure which one is worse honestly!

Sorry and hope you feel better soon!!

Me: 32  Hubby: 31

Married 12/29/12

Started TTC July 2014

Miscarriage August 2014

Emmett born February 2016

Expecting Baby #2 in August 2017

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/544e80

• Options
    Hormones can be nasty to the intestines... I would strip your diet back to BLAND diet for a couple of week (still keep eating) and see if you can get any relief from these symptoms
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LantryLantry member
    Thanks ladies!!!
  • Options
    I've been getting it off and on. Try the BRAT diet. Bananas, Rice, Apple sauce and Toast. It helped me a lot. Stay hydrated because you are also losing a lot of fluids with diarrhea.
  • Options
    I had this problem as well! I read some where it can be the reaction to the type of prenatal vitamins you are taking. I switched just to see if it would work... And it did! Hope that helps!
  • Options
    I am right there with you! Started right at 4 wks when I found out I was pregnant and it's still going on at 7 wks now. Some days are better than others. I seriously was googling stuff 24/7 at first bc all I had ever heard about bowels with early pregnancy is that you can have constipation. Obviously that's not an issue for me so I was worried something might be wrong! But much to my comfort, I found out diarrhea can be as common as constipation in early pregnancy. And gas!! That's another issue I'm dealing with. And it smells awful!!! (Sorry TMI!)
  • Options
    LantryLantry member
    Oh my gosh, that's too funny about the gas because my husbands reaction to it is "wow, the baby smells bad." Haha! I'm glad someone else has it too, well not glad that you're suffering but relieved it's not just me! Here's to hoping it leaves during 2nd trimester!
  • Options
    bbax44bbax44 member
    My skin is extremely dry.. not my face but my legs are like peeling and so flaky with dead skin... never happened before. 8w today. And I've been losing tons of hair too.
  • Options
    This is my second pregnancy. During the first trimester of my first pregnancy, I had horrible constipation. Now, with this pregnancy, I have horrible diarrhea (and it really likes to hit me in the middle of the night). Either one is normal. It's your body's way of adjusting to the crazy hormonal changes. Everything became more normal in my second trimester last time, so I hope that it becomes normal this time too. Hang in there. Stay hydrated, eat the bland foods until your body balances thing out. Everyone and every pregnancy is different.