2nd Trimester

Waiting til Birth To Find out Sex

I already Have a boy and girl I think it would be more fun to wait till the baby is born To Learn The sex. Any one else waiting?

Re: Waiting til Birth To Find out Sex

• I am more than excited to experience this also! I'm in no rush to know the sex just the health of the child is most important everything else can wait
  • I mean i was going to find out at 20 weeks ish. But if my husband wanted to wait, I'd be fine with that. 
  • Loading the player...
  • FTM and team green... My preference really. Hubby didn't care either way. Hoping for a girl but know I won't care when the little baby comes out!!
  • We waited and it was awesome. The MW held her up in front of us when she was out and it was just so special :)
  • I'm planning on waiting as well I'm just about 22 weeks. People these days think it's so crazy that we want to wait. I mean back in the day we didn't have all this modern technology. People never used to know.
  • FTM here and we are waiting. I have always wanted to have my first child a surprise. I think it's more fun that way. Everyone who knows me and knows I'm a planner is asking how I can handle not knowing and I tell them I just make it fun. Gender neutral nursery getting to pick out both gender names (boy names were way harder!) plus it's our first baby. I need bottles,binkies, baby monitors, ect. I would rather get those than cute clothes that my baby may or may not wear. Plus I love when people ask "how can you not find out that would drive me crazy!" And I answer back " I'm just hoping for a healthy baby no matter the gender" and then they get all "well.....we do too" all awkwardly. It's something g I can chuckle at
  • We are waiting till birth! Ftm but I can't wait for the moment when they tell me what the little one is. Just so grateful for a healthy little one :)
  • It's something I've always wanted, and I'm excited about getting to hear the "It's a boy/girl" announcement when baby comes out! DH is less on board, but he's humoring me and being supportive. He says he doesn't want to be surprised, but I think he's also just worried in general. I'm hoping he feels better after our Anatomy scan on Tuesday.
  • We also already have a boy and a girl and are waiting to find out with this one.  DH wanted to be surprised with each one, but I convinced him both of the previous times.  It is pretty exciting to wait to find out and everyone has their guesses.  I will say it is helping curb my buying.  Like just the other day I found a super cute onesie that would be perfect for a little boy, but we don't know it is a boy so I didn't get it.  I have enough of the right season clothes for a boy or a girl and new clothes will be a great Christmas present for a newborn who already has a bunch of toy hand-me-downs from the older siblings

Rachel and Jeff Married 5.29.05

Jason is 8

Elizabeth is 6

Katherine is 18 months 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • irsikbirsikb member
    We are waiting as well. It's so hard! I'm ok waiting for planning or decorating.....but I am just so curious about this tiny person in my belly. I want to know everything about them!

However, I am baffled by the responses we get when we tell people we are waiting. Either we are crazy and won't be prepared adequately or we deserve a Merritt badge. I mean, the technology hasn't been around THAT long...and everybody's seemed to do just fine.
  • I have a growth check tomo at 24 weeks and am so close to asking. I won't but I got the sudden urge!!! Ahh
  • We are waiting to find out! It's one of the last surprises that you get to experience as an adult. My husband and I have said for years that we want to wait to find out. My brother & SIL waited with both of their children and there was just something exciting about the anticipation at the hospital. It also made my brother feel like he had a special part of the day by coming to the waiting room to announce it's a girl to everyone.
  • We are waiting too! We are so excited! Someone told me they felt a bigger "bond" between them and baby when they found out gender. (She's pregnant with second now and wanting the surprise)! I hope I'm not missing out on that type of bonding. My OB said, "I hope I remember to tell you the sex when it comes out! No one waits to find out anymore!"
  • groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited July 2015
    So husband is definitively "Find out now!" 

We can't agree on names and his logic is that if we know boy or girl, we eliminate 50% of the arguments. 

Sounds reasonable. 
  • I was all set to find out, and then had a change of heart four days before my anatomy scan ultrasound.  I wrote about my reasons for not finding out on my blog.  (I was receiving a lot of questions about why I was waiting and I was also met with some assumptions that the tech just couldn't tell the baby's sex.)
  • We are also waiting till birth- have 2 girls and honestly are hoping for a healthy baby- boy or girl? Doesn't matter! Good luck!