January 2016 Moms

Heart rate at 6 weeks 4 days. What's normal?

Hi Ladies,

So I posted a while back about measuring 6 days behind my LMP... I was very concerned but starting to feel better. This is my second pregnancy and I never had an ultrasound with my son until 10 weeks. Everything was right on schedule.

This little one measured 6 weeks 4 days and I went in thinking I was 7 weeks 3 days. The heart rate was 130 bpm. Does this seem ok??? My Dr seemed to think it was great. Sadly the techs here tell you NOTHING. Literally.

I've had too much time since then (currently 9 weeks 3 days) and have to wait until next week to see if my midwife can detect the heartbeat by Doppler. I'm just so concerned for some reason.... Like she won't hear anything :(

Re: Heart rate at 6 weeks 4 days. What's normal?

• Anything from the 120s to the 170s (and even above that in the first trimester) is normal, so you are well within a normal range! It is totally normally to measure behind at the first appointment. I was actually about 9 days off when I went for my first appt. I have been twice since then and baby is growing perfectly on schedule with no problems so far at almost 11 weeks. Do not be surprised if she cannot find your baby's heartbeat at 10 weeks with the doppler because sometimes it cannot be detected that early. Will she also be doing an ultrasound? It is completely normal to be nervous, I think we all are, especially until we can start feeling these babies move. But unless you are having serious problems in terms of the cramping and bleeding, try to relax and trust that everything will be okay because chances are, baby is perfectly fine! :) Good luck and let us know how the appointment goes next week!
  • Anything from the 120s to the 170s (and even above that in the first trimester) is normal, so you are well within a normal range! It is totally normally to measure behind at the first appointment. I was actually about 9 days off when I went for my first appt. I have been twice since then and baby is growing perfectly on schedule with no problems so far at almost 11 weeks. Do not be surprised if she cannot find your baby's heartbeat at 10 weeks with the doppler because sometimes it cannot be detected that early. Will she also be doing an ultrasound? It is completely normal to be nervous, I think we all are, especially until we can start feeling these babies move. But unless you are having serious problems in terms of the cramping and bleeding, try to relax and trust that everything will be okay because chances are, baby is perfectly fine! :) Good luck and let us know how the appointment goes next week!

Thank you so much!!! You're so right. ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • My baby's heart rate was 123 in the earlier days and today it was 177! I flipped out about both... Too low, too high?! However my doctor has assured and reassured me that it is 100 percent normal :).
  • Our baby hb was 108 at 6wk+2. I was bugging out but doctor said it was ok...baby going strong & healthy now :-)
  • Mine was 117 at 6 weeks 5 days and doc was very happy with that.
  • UT was shocked that @ 5 wks & 5 days heart rate was 141. She said it was really strong
  • mine was 130 at the end of week 6:)  just heard it while the little guy was dancccccing around at 11 weeks and it's 190.  it slowed down to about 160 where he/she chilled out.  
  • oh, and i was about a week behind my calculations when i went in for my first. all completely normal things that I freaked out about too! i think there's an old chat on here that was basically me asking all of the same questions :):) it's ok to be nervous but i hope our responses help ease your mind!