August 2014 Moms

Convertible Car Seats - suggestions?

We are looking for a convertible car seat. Can I get some suggestions and input on what you like/don't like and why?  I ordered a graco size4me 65 and it seems ok, the color is much lighter then I thought, so I am worried how stained it will get. But in terms of safety and ease of use, I think its good.  Does anyone have a chicco convertible seat? Do you think its worth the extra $100 as compared to the graco?  How about some other brands?    Thanks! 

Re: Convertible Car Seats - suggestions?

• The Graco is a good seat that will keep most kids rear facing at least 2 years. What vehicle is it in? Any other kids in the vehicle?

The safest seat is one that is installed properly and fits your child.

This is a list of recommended seats https://csftl.org/recommended-seats/
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • luv4LOluv4LO member
    Its in a 2009 Chrysler Aspen. And the only car seat in the vehicle.  Thanks for the link! 
  • Loading the player...
  • jdrdnrjdrdnr member
    We have a britax and although expensive it is well worth the money and the only seat they will need. All three kiddos have had one and after a 70mph crash and not a scratch on him I swear only by these!
  • jdrdnr said:

We have a britax and although expensive it is well worth the money and the only seat they will need. All three kiddos have had one and after a 70mph crash and not a scratch on him I swear only by these!

They will need booster seats once they outgrow the limits of the convertable.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • I have the grace 4ever and love it

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a Britax Clicktight Boulevard (main car) & Graco MyRide65 (2nd car), both are fine, no major complaints with either. I personally find the Britax easier to install/adjust, but it is also extremely heavy. Planning to switch to boosters once limits are reached.  
  • luv4LOluv4LO member
    We have been using the graco size for me65 for a couple weeks now. LO seems to really like it as he falls asleep in it almost every time....or he is over tired  :(. I do agree with some reviews I've read that it can be hard to tighten. What works best is if you have the slack in the straps above the chest clip, then its much easier to tighten. I have also read it is one of the smallest front to back, I have nothing else to compare to, but I have my drivers seat all the way back in my 2009 Chrysler Aspen but not reclined much and my seat does not touch the car seat.  
  • olii1olii1 member
    I just stumble upon this research https://www.ewg.org/enviroblog/2015/06/toxic-chemicals-your-child-s-car-seat today as I was looking for convertible car seat... Now I think our options are limited to britax and clek
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We have the Britax Clicktight Marathon in one of our cars and it's nice! It's super easy to install and DS seems comfortable in it. We still use the infant seat in my car - there still seems to be plenty of head room left and DS is not anywhere near hitting the weight limit yet so we'll probably use that for a little while longer. Not sure if we want to get the same Britax for my car or something different (I have an Accord vs. my husband's Titan)