September 2015 Moms
Options

Bi-weekly Dr's appts

Im 28.5 weeks and It is making me nervous that I'm going to the doctors every 2 weeks now and then every week. It finally hit me that my perfectly protected in my belly baby will soon be born and I will have another beings life to take on.
I can't wait to meet him and hold him but I'm also scared because I'm a ftm and have no experience raising my own child. Everyone says it will come naturally and it's all instinct, I do believe that but I'm still nervous! Anyone else getting to this point?

Re: Bi-weekly Dr's appts

• Options
    Yes, my shower really brought this all home. I am nervous about the birth and I am nervous I'll let him down as a mom. I really want to raise a polite well mannered child who treats women right and all that jazz and the responsibility of it is really becoming a constant thought!
  • Options
    Yiggle09 said:

Yes, my shower really brought this all home. I am nervous about the birth and I am nervous I'll let him down as a mom. I really want to raise a polite well mannered child who treats women right and all that jazz and the responsibility of it is really becoming a constant thought!

I couldn't have said it better! When everyone asks me what I want him to be like I always say "manners like his daddy, happy, and healthy." That's all I could ever want
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yea I completely understand. I'm 29 weeks, and I'm counting down the days now. But, I'm nervous. At least when I went to the hospital I was in a labor room so I've been able to see what's going to go down. Also took slot of classes. :) Ladies we got this
  • Options
    I wasn't nervous with my first but for some reason I'm really feeling it with this second one! My husband keeps telling me we already went through this before but I
  • Options
    I feel EXACTLY the same way. Also a FTM and for the majority of my pregnancy it hasn't really felt real. Now I'll be 28 weeks on Saturday and now it feels like it's coming really quick and I'm unprepared, and unsure how I'll manage.
  • Options
    Well I'm a third timer been16 years since my last birth though. I just got a call from the hospital yesterday with my scheduled section date and preop appointments and I'm 1 week away from needing all my rsvp for the shower venue as my shower is in 4 weeks, my sister text me the conformed guest list and almost 100% of people are coming. I still felt crazy nervous and when my guy asked me what was wrong I started crying. I was thinking omg I'm about to have a baby!!!!!
  • Options
    I had my first baby at 21 alone. It was scary for me too at the time. But instinct does kick in. Hang in there, you'll do fine.
  • Options
    I was scared and unprepared the first time too. His was the first diaper I'd ever changed! I remember 6 weeks before he was born, my friend let me hold her newborn and I was completely freaked out, and also not very interested... I just felt no instinct for it! It was terrible. And yet, when we had our son... It just all fell into place. We fell in love with him. We figured it out. You will too. Trust yourself. You'll do great :)
  • Options
    I AM SO TERRIFIED! Haha. I don't have any newborn experience, and am so worried that I'm gonna screw this kid up in a major way. I still can't wait to meet him though!
  • Options
    I'm constantly worried I'm going to screw up my 2 year old haha recently the whole potty training thing came up and I was freaking out! How do I start? How do I know he's ready? What if I get too irritated with him and he doesn't learn to go? .... yeah all kinds of things. What actually happened? Well he woke up on a Sunday morning and said "Go potty?" And we haven't looked back since. 2 small accidents the 1st day and that was it. I watched him thinking I have no idea what I'm doing yet I seemed to know exactly what I was I doing. It's a crazy feeling. You will have all kinds of moments like that in motherhood :)