3rd Trimester
Options

Fetal tachycardia

i am 34 weeks along and I have spent the last week in the hospital being monitored 24 hours a day because my baby girl has a heart that fluctuates between 220 and 235 and has accelerations that go up so high the machine can't track them. Her baseline has been about 220 and it has been pretty consistent. Everything else looks perfect. Her heart (other than the rate) is functioning perfectly, she is moving the way they want her too, and she is developing right on track. They are planning on delivering her next week just before I'm 36 weeks. Does anyone have an experience like this? The doctors seemed stumped and I'm obviously extremely concerned. An insight would be great!

Re: Fetal tachycardia

• Options
    No advice, but I hope the best for you and your little girl!
  • Options
    Only thing I can tell you is calm down, I know you're worried about little bit, but you being worried and stressed can actually send those same hormones to baby and make her stressed. They have you in the hospital for a reason, because if anything happens you're going to be right there and in the best possible hands to help you and your baby. So deep breath, and let it go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker