August 2015 Moms

Please call your doctor if....

With my first pregnancy I was given this card to hang on the fridge - Thought it may be helpful to others. I am sure all hospitals/birth centres would be happy to check you out even if it turns out to be nothing. Better to be safe than sorry.

Re: Please call your doctor if....

• lap018lap018 member
    Can we make this like a banner that shows up on the posting page for everyone to see? Or get this as a prompt before being able to submit a post? [-O<
  • Loading the player...
  • Miz_Liz said:
    lap018 said:
    Can we make this like a banner that shows up on the posting page for everyone to see? Or get this as a prompt before being able to submit a post? [-O<

Haha, I have always thought of how awesome it would be if there was some filter that detected when someone was asking for medical advice and it popped up saying, "Please defer to your Dr for all medical related questions."

This ^^ - on the next "software" update please! :) 
  • gulimzgulimz member
    Ugh. Absolutely! I can't believe how many people on here ask for medical advice. And some of them don't ask their questions to the doctor, but come on here and ask here. How does that make sense?
  • For sure!!!! Good example: I had a HUGE gush of fluid last Saturday I was about 80% sure it was just discharge but it was a good amount and clear. I couldn't get a hold of my doctor so I went to L&D. The nurses were SO NICE! They said they would rather see me and send me home than have me sit at home and worry.
  • kelseyrayaykelseyrayay member
    edited July 2015
    We need to sticky this!
  • Miz_Liz said:
    nakoppel said:
    For sure!!!! Good example: I had a HUGE gush of fluid last Saturday I was about 80% sure it was just discharge but it was a good amount and clear. I couldn't get a hold of my doctor so I went to L&D. The nurses were SO NICE! They said they would rather see me and send me home than have me sit at home and worry.

Aww man @nakoppel why did you rob me of my experience of diagnosing you and telling you whether or not your water broke?! I am right 50% of the time when it comes to yes/no questions! ;)

How dare I forget the ladies of The Bump med school!!!!! For shame ha!
  • Aww man! I was hoping you could tell me if my lack of being able to empty my bladder was a sure sign I have a uti!
    *I mentioned to my Dr today and it's just the baby positioned bad and/or scar tissue on my uterus pushing on my bladder. Anyway, it is SERIOUSLY ANNOYING!!
  • We can always count on you @Miz_Liz
  • We can always count on you @Miz_Liz

I do what I can @mrswieb09 I am just glad people don't have my cell number or they would be calling me for my expert medical advice at all hours of the night! It is bad enough getting woken up by my toddler, I don't think I could handle that too....
  • I have my Drs appt tomorrow. I'll be sure to send you my child's ultrasound pictures so you can tell me how he looks! ;)@Miz_Liz
  • You're my hero ;;) @Miz_Liz