Infertility

TTC and trying not to always think about it

Hi everyone, DH and I have been TTC for a little less than 2 years now and we've just started our second round of clomid after provera. I have PCOS so the OB is trying clomid and see if that works.
Does anyone else get to that point where you can't stop thinking about babies and whether or not this treatment will work? I swear I'm going insane where everyone says "oh just don't think about it and it'll happen" well the more I try to not think about it, the more I think about it! That and people keep telling me "oh you'll know exactly when you're pregnant" well I thought I knew every time we've been late and every time I was wrong and that just makes me more insane!!!!
Anyone have any advice or encouragement, heck maybe even a yoga pose for inner peace and serenity lol? I just don't know if my heart can take another negative test (I give major koodos to the ladies who have been trying longer than myself and haven't gone insane, you ladies are tough as nails).
Thanks all

Re: TTC and trying not to always think about it

• Hello! My husband and I are on our 5th iui and all the anxiousness of waiting to find out and stress actually seemed to get easier each cycle. I think it's because I've learned to not over analyze anything and just take it day by day. Anytime I feel a symptom I don't google it and stress out about that. It's super hard to do but it definitely helps if you just keep living your normal life day to day and keep busy. Whether it's doing projects around the house, or planning dinners with friends, or date nights with your husband. It helps when you have something planned because then you have something to look forward to. When each cycle is a fail I somehow push through to the next. Even though I'll bawl my eyes out for days and feel completely hopeless. Here are you tube videos I looked up and saved for this cycle, I didn't try it though. It is hard to relax and to not think about it, it takes time to learn how to not let it consume you. Best of luck to you!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DWbTd4aDzXo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pKP17o7EnP8
  • Antidepressants are the only thing that have helped the heartbreak for me. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • I got wasted a lot. I am not suggesting that but I did. If you have pcos you have great chances of having a baby. Get yourself to a point where you know eggs are being released and you will have a fair chance. Tell yourself that over and over. There are many diagnosis you could have for infertility that are much worse. Not to downplay your struggle I'm just saying your odds with pcos are pretty good, girly pants :)