Infertility

Success Stories?

I'm in need of success stories today. I've been feeling pretty depressed lately as our 3 year anniversary of TTC approaches in July. I'm hoping that reading success stories of those who have gone through what I'm going through now may help to restore even a little hope to my broken heart. DH has azoospermia (0 count) after years on testosterone injections. He's been on HCG for about 2 years now trying to jumpstart production and we still don't know if it's working. Testing shows that I'm fertile. I joked 3 years ago that if we didn't have a kid after 2 years of trying we were giving up. If only I knew the emotionally devastating rollercoaster that awaited us. Jokes on me I guess. Sorry for the depressing post but thanks in advance for your stories.

Re: Success Stories?

• One of my college friends had a similar situation. He was 0 sperm due to no tubes and she had ovulation issues. Short story: they removed part of his testicle and were able to freeze vials of healthy sperm. Then she did 3 IVFs the last one she had 5 frozen embryos. Still BFN. The LAST two embies were thawed only one made it to transfer and she now has a 2 month old little boy. Just the other day they found out they have more sperm left! Now they need the funds to do IVF again, but they are just happy to have the one!

You can read my siggy. I have had a long journey. Lost more babies than I have at home. I am very blessed with 2 wonderful boys. We just transferred our lone last frozen embie and headed to an ultrasound in the morning. I have had more bad ultrasounds than good so needless to say I am very stressed and probably why I am here seeking others who get it.

If you want success stories you can check out the other boards, pregnant after IF and success after IF. Most of the women here on IF are still trying for their baby.

This board and several others were invaluable to me over the years. I have found so much support and have made life long friends.

Good luck to you!!
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • @babygotback21 I understand the lot you've been dealt. Do you have a recent sperm analysis of some form? 

It is all very depressing. I'm with you, I've been there. It's an emotional, completely shitty roller coster. It sounds like IVF may be for you, it seems like you're seeing an RE?  I hope you'e been guided about IVF and have the information to make an informed decision. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Our was a success story. You can read about it by clicking on the "Who we are" tab at www.firstbornbabies.wordpress.com 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @WhiskyandWhiskers Thank you for understanding. We are seeing an RE and we don't have a current SA. The last one we had was 2 years ago before he started the HCG. Without crossing into TMI territory, he is equally as stressed and depressed about all of this and hasn't been able to "perform" in order to do a follow up SA. We've tried 3 times since that first one.

So we simply have no idea if it's working. I haven't conceived yet so we're afraid it's not working. :( So, we haven't been told much about our options because we're still trying to "fix" the problem and not really pursuing alternatives yet.