August 2015 Moms

I just wanna cry... this sucks UPDATE

sjra1028sjra1028 member
edited July 2015 in August 2015 Moms
I have been up and down all day as far as energy goes. Baby girl hasn't been too active today. My left leg is swollen to the point where it hurts to bend my ankle. I feel extremely nauseous and dizzy. I've been off of my feet most of the day bc I'm already on bedrest.
I'm not asking if I should call my dr. My husband is coming home early from work. He wants me to try and eat just in case that's the problem. If it doesn't help, then we're off to l&d.
I just want to cry. I want this terrible crap to go away!

UPDATE! My symptoms got even worse by this afternoon! I spent 5 hrs in the hospital. My bp won't go down. They did bloodwork which shows elevated liver enzymes and my kidney function isn't what it was last week. They gave me a steroid shot to develop her lungs and sent me home. I am to do absolutely nothing. I have to go back at 8 tomorrow night to get my 2nd shot and they may monitor me again. They said I won't go past 36 weeks, which I already knew from my appt on Monday. I'm surprised they didn't admit me.

Re: I just wanna cry... this sucks UPDATE

• I hope you feel better. Glad your husband is able to be there to help.
  • Hope you feel better soon and I think as soon as he gets there you should grab something to eat and head to L&D! Positive thoughts coming your way
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry. I'm not going to say "it'll all be over soon" to try to comfort you because even though it's true it doesn't help anything. It sucks what you're going through, truly. Tomorrow is a new day and I really hope it's better for you.
  • Ellie, I felt terrible the last 3 days and thought it might be this way till the end. I too am on bedrest although it is modified. Today I woke up and felt better! Not great but not as bad as the last three days. Hang in there, go to l&d and maybe they can suggest something to make it easier. Thoughts and prayers go out to you! I'm sure you will feel better in a couple days.
  • Seh114Seh114 member
    :( sorry you are having such a bad day.
  • I truly hope you feel better
  • So sorry you're not feeling well!
  • I really hope you feel better, thoughts and prayers.
  • Thanks ladies!! My OB called me back and told me to take my bp meds with a big glass of water and lay on my left side. He said if that doesn't help within an hr, then I need to head straight over.
    I just hate feeling this way! He told me yesterday at my appt that my pre-e is progressing, so this has just scared me. :(
  • I hope you feel better and everything is OK!
  • So sorry you're going through this. I can't imagine the stress of constantly interpreting symptoms. Hang in there, vent as much as you need and every day I'm happy to see you're still pregnant!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thinking of you.
  • Try to relax as best you can. I hope you feel better. Tomorrow is a new day!
  • Hoping you don't end up in l&d tonight and have a better day tomorrow.
  • sorry you are facing so much stress.  I hope you have a better day and don't have to end up in L&D.  FXFY!
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker

• T & P!! Hope you're having a better day today.
  • I hope today is much better.
    Trigger Warning (LC and loss) -- 
    Married May 2008 
    Beautiful daughter Alyssa born April 23, 2011 
    Precious son Isaac born at 34 weeks in April 27, 2014 with Potters Syndrome Type 4 and Down Syndrome - trusted into the arms of Jesus after 3 hours.
    Pregnant again! Due August 8, 2015 please be healthy, little one!

(results on 2/4/15 showed no Down's and it's a girl!) Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Pretty much confined to my bed today. My FIL is making sure the kids aren't in and out of my room. My dr said my home stress isn't helping my situation and I need to make some adjustments or I'll have to be on hospital bedrest.
  • So sorry to hear things got worse for you.. T&P that your LO stays pot as long as possible!
  • I'm really glad I went! I have a little more peace of mind knowing her lungs will be more developed.
  • Thj417Thj417 member
    Thoughts and prayers momma...
  • Prayers to you and thank you for keeping us updated. Continued thoughts!
  • Those shots will make all the difference in the world. So sorry you're dealing with all of this, but you will be elated when you see that baby of yours! T&P's!
  • Still sending T&P your way!
  • Thank you guys!! I have a feeling we won't be able to get everything ready in time for her arrival! I'm just laying in bed praying for my headache to go away. I didn't get any sleep bc of it last night.
  • WeringWering member
    Have you been evaluated for HELLP syndrome? I'm not asking you this to scare you - but some of the symptoms you are showing are related to HELLP. A lot of doctors and hospitals have never seen it before, so I don't know if they have specifically evaluated you for it. Please be sure that you ask!!!
  • T&P! I had two steroid shots at 32 weeks in my last pregnacy when I had a preterm scare and then I delivered at 36 weeks. They only had to be in special care with no oxygen or feeding tubes, just had to grow and get stronger. If they weren't twins they may not have needed to stay! Also, when I got the shot they said that baby boys' lungs are more immature than baby girls'. Hope your baby girl stays put until 36 weeks!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Wering they said it looks like I'm starting to develop it bc of my pre-e.
  • WeringWering member
    @sjra1028 - I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad you are in a hospital and have doctors who have been exposed to the syndrome before. I had a friend develop the syndrome and deliver her baby at 24 weeks. It was VERY scary. You, of course, being an August mommy, are way past the point of "scary" for premature complications, thank goodness! Many thoughts and prayers your way, and I hope this all works out.
  • T & P.... I'm at the lab in my hospital being checked for pre-e right now. It totally sucks and I feel like garbage! I'm so sorry anyone has to go through this! Even though this is my 3rd LO, I totally feel unprepared! I thought I had the whole month of July to get ready! Uggghhhhh! Good luck , sister!
  • I'm surprised I've made it this far!! Just thankful that I have such a great doctor who is on top of things! There were certain symptoms I had that technically are considered "normal" like the headaches and dizziness, but luckily he really looked into it.