November 2015 Moms
Options

Bump has shrunk!

I am 22 weeks today and I swear my bump has gotten smaller... Baby girl is still kicking and I feel great, just seems as if my belly has gone down in size from last week. Anyone else have this happen?

Re: Bump has shrunk!

• Options
    Depends where baby is sitting, is she's moved towards your back, your bump will get smaller. It also depends on a few other factors like water retention etc. Mine grows and shrinks in size as well.
  • Options
    You're likely getting past the bloating stage. It's totally normal. At 19 weeks mine still shrinks and grows daily.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't personally noticed this, but both pregnancy books I read (What to Expect and Mayo Clinic Guide) said to expect it.
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Options
    Mine goes up & down pretty much every day. Just depends on how much water I've been drinking, what I've been eating, etc.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Pontot31Pontot31 member
    edited June 2015

Gapeach83 said:

Mine goes up & down pretty much every day. Just depends on how much water I've been drinking, what I've been eating, etc.

Mine even changes throughout the day. Always smaller in morning and huge at night.

Not to mention I look about 30 weeks pregnant after I eat a big meal!! Lol

Quite box fail...
    --------
    This too! I was happy this morning when I woke up I had almost no bump. 5 hours later I had a bagel sandwich, a donut and an iced coffee. Not only am I uncomfortable but I look huge now!
  • Options
    Same here !! One day i look 7 months preggo n the other i look flat!!!
  • Options
    I was just having this conversation with my husband literally a day or so ago. I was going to make a dr's appointment because it freaked me out some. It's like in the last week or 2 it feels like my bump got smaller & since I had my trimester screening dr who said she was a little small it scared me. My regular OB said she was fine & that the other dr allows says that . I of course was livid by that. But I've been feeling like my bump is smaller.
  • Options
    I was just having this conversation with my husband literally a day or so ago. I was going to make a dr's appointment because it freaked me out some. It's like in the last week or 2 it feels like my bump got smaller & since I had my trimester screening dr who said she was a little small it scared me. My regular OB said she was fine & that the other dr allows says that . I of course was livid by that. But I've been feeling like my bump is smaller.
    If your doctor says it's normal, then go with what they said. It's perfectly normal, so no need to be freaked out. Your bump is going to go up and down depending on a lot of factors, like bloating, water retention, a full stomach, etc etc.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    urby87urby87 member
    Gapeach83 said:
    Mine even changes throughout the day. Always smaller in morning and huge at night.
    Not to mention I look about 30 weeks pregnant after I eat a big meal!! Lol
    This is me, too.  It fluctuates quite a bit, but tends to get bigger at night and after meals.
  • Options
    I like to think after a big meal I'm suddenly blessed with twins... My little bundle of joy that will be here in November and my little food baby that will be delivered whenever I get over this constipation :D
  • Options
    Count me in too! Small bump when I wake up, and by the end if the day I look I gained an extra two months. Definitely normal.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    . . . I thought this was going to be a thread about how there are less people commenting with AW and duplicate posts lately. 

Yes.  The bump shrinks and expands constantly.  Sometimes it shifts and changes shape too.  
    June Siggy Challenge image