September 2015 Moms

Twatwaffle Tuesday

Let's hear it. Who does your award go to?

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday

• Mine has to go to my driving instructor. Thinks he can talk to like crap and get away with it. Erm I don't think so!
  • Some lady that was pulling out of a parking lot into traffic and decided to block traffic while she talked on her phone while eating a chocolate bar waiting for someone to stop and let her in the flow!
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine goes to the idiot who was cruising through the pedestrian crosswalk and almost hit my husband. How can you not see 2 humans in front of you??? I might have freaked, and my husband may or may not have kicked his car, while screaming about how his pregnant wife could have been hurt. Oy
  • To the twats at No Frills panic buying goods last minute. Canada Day.... urgh!

I rarely go grocery shopping (usually have it delivered) and you are the exact reason why. See the belly? see the narrow gap you left at both ends of a rather big aisle? Yeah my belly is NOT going through that, so don't look at me like I am the devil when I rather sweetly ask you to move. No idea how all four of you (two for either end of the aisle) decided to pen me in but yes, you are going to have to move your cart and no it's not the end of the world.

• @Nirolosa this is a common practice where I live I've attributed it to the fact nobody care about anybody but themselves! My sister actually got in a confrontation over this once because she moved somebody's cart and they got all pissy about!
  • Mine goes to my increasingly difficult father. I'm 19 as is my fiancé, I am in bed rest so I can't work, my fiancé is our sole provider and my dad worried about our financial stability so he let us move in with him rent free until LO is a year old! We were so greatful and the only thing he asks is we save and help around the house, and since I'm home I do clean the house twice a week, cook and do everyone's laundry (my mom, dads, fiancées, brothers and sisters).
    Well my mom and him agreed when I lost my job he would pay my doctors bills until the baby was born in September so we could literally save every penny possible. Well the last few times I've left the bills in his mail pile he threw them at me and said "these are yours" I opened them saw they were bills and gave them to my mom since again they agreed to pay my bills (and by bills I mean my prenatal visits, I pay for checks ups and primary doc visits since I was 16) well today i again left my bills in his mail pile and when my sister asked if I needed my mail I told her no
    Those were for dad, he turns around and screams at me "we need to have a fucking talk about this your boyfriend has a job he needs to start fucking paying for your shit"
    I again never had an issue paying for my bills, I never asked him to pay them he OFFERED, and now he's acting like I'm a damn mind reader and knew he didn't want to pay them anymore... I love him but for real he's on my shit list tonight :-w
  • I have two awards today...

To my coworker who told me he thought my latest sonogram looked like a dog. And even went so far as to trace the whiskers he swears he sees.

To my other coworker who when I pointed out baby girl's nose on the sonogram said "no way that can't be it! That's huge!".

Men can be so clueless. SO freaking clueless.
  • @Sematti oh my gosh!!!!! That's ridiculously rude! I'm laughing at how wrong that is and I'm just shocked!
  • surprisepkg31surprisepkg31 member
    edited July 2015
    My husband's Aunt! We we met his aunt and uncle at the dog park. During this time his Aunt says that " you have big bones and brand shoulders like a midwesterner, you're just built like a farmers daughter who eats meat and potatoes ". Lol, I about died. It's kind of funny and I know she meant no harm but WTf? Like I'm some kind of giant Helga? I live in Denver, Colorado and she is from Iowa! Soooo rude and just plain ignorant!
  • I know it's Wednesday but this cold/cough deserves an award. It seems to be the same thing I had for weeks earlier this pregnancy, and it's back. Post nasal drip, hacking cough, runny nose. Ugh. Going on two weeks already. Please go away, I'm already sleeping poorly!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My husband's Aunt! We we met his aunt and uncle at the dog park. During this time his Aunt says that " you have big bones and brand shoulders like a midwesterner, you're just built like a farmers daughter who eats meat and potatoes ". Lol, I about died. It's kind of funny and I know she meant no harm but WTf? Like I'm some kind of giant Helga? I live in Denver, Colorado and she is from Iowa! Soooo rude and just plain ignorant!
    LOL! Giant Helga - I love that! I'm from ND so I totally get the big boned/famer's daughter/meat & potatoes lingo. I have to admit, I did chuckle while reading your post but I'm sure she meant no harm..lol
  • I know it's Wednesday but I wasn't able to share this little gem yesterday!

I had a student at work (I work in a college) approach my desk and proceed to tell me that my shirt was 'way too low' and that if I wanted a man to respect me I needed to respect myself! She then tells me she has a right to tell me this because I'm 'young enough to be her daughter' . I let her finish and then I explained to her that I am 26 years old, married, and pregnant. I tried to be nice and thank her for her 'kindness' but the more I think about it the more I wish I had let her have it! It didn't help that this was the one day I was too swollen to wear my rings!!

Also, just for anyone wondering - my shirt was NOT too low! I asked my husband that night because I was so upset by it!