Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Help! Suspected Molar Pregnancy?

Hi ladies... I'm 4 weeks post D&C. At my 3 week follow up my OBGYN told me everything was normal and then she called me 2 days later to say the lab made a mistake and had really sent my "sample" up to Mayo clinic to be tested for a molar pregnancy. I'm struggling with this so badly and I keep scouring medical forums for some degree of information/help. I don't seem to "fit" the normal. I never had super high HCG.... they never even doubled in 48 hours. (4500 four days later 8900 two days later 14000)... I was diagnosed with a fairly large subchornic hematoma. The first ultrasound we saw a sac... the second a sac and a yoke... the third showed the hemoatoma had collapsed the sac. I was devastated. This was not a planned pregnancy for DH and I but nonetheless wanted.

When they called to tell me about the possible molar I went in the next day for an emergency blood draw. My OB expected to still see my numbers above 1,000... they were 16! I'm just so confused at this point and this hurt on top of everything else has me struggling.

Has anyone experienced anything at all similar?

Our Miracles: BFP- May 14, 2015... diagnosed with SCH. Collapsed Sac- May 29, 2015. Determined to be failed twin tetraploidy pregnancy.
"Never in my arms, Always in my heart"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Help! Suspected Molar Pregnancy?

• Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss. I don't know much about molar pregnancies except that they require extra monitoring and possibly genetic counseling before trying again.

I do want to congratulate you on the low beta of 16 post-D&C, that's usually pretty great news that your body is recovering well from the loss and ready to return to fertility!

I would just take a break from Dr. Google for a hot minute and call your doctor to ask that should any tests indicate a molar pregnancy issue, what would be any considerations/steps you would need to take before TTCing again once you're ready.