WTO Tuesday

edited June 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
For those waiting to ovulate...

Month/Cycle:

CD:

What are you doing to get KU:

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk:

GTKY: 4th of July plans?

This is my last time starting the WTO, as of today I'm in the TWW! Someone else get ready!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WTO Tuesday

• Options
    KristieAKristieA member
    edited June 2015
    Lurker alert!

I am throwing a massive 4th of July party to show these Brits how its done! We are talking made from scratch strawberry shortcakes, red velvet cake, mocktails and cocktails (though I obs won't be having any of those!) I have even gotten cake sparklers and American flag decorations for our living room. I can't wait! :)

@Momma Grams

Edited to fix GIF placement
    imageimageimage
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge

• Options
    Thanks @KristieA! Has. It sunk in yet?? I swear the first week or even 2 every time I remembered I was pregnant it was like a mini celebration!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    edited June 2015
    Month/Cycle: 7/8

CD: 12

What are you doing to get KU: I had planned on sex EOD, but so far its been every day because clearly my hormones are outta control and I can't get enough of DH, also checking cm, eating super healthy, and exercising. 

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: As I mentioned above, my hormones are crazy this month. Idk what my deal is, but I can't get enough of DH. I'm gonna try to hold off on tonight since I really would rather do sex EOD. We'll see.

GTKY: 4th of July plans? Watching the fireworks downtown.  DH and I have Friday and Saturday off but no real plans yet.  I'm sure we'll find a cookout or something to go to.

Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Options
    @Mommy Grams Nope not yet. In fact I am afraid to call the doctor just in case they tell me I made the whole thing up in my head! I keep reading websites about what its doing right now and it makes my head explode a little.

On the down side it has made me go off either chicken or garlic... Coffee may not be far behind.
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Garlic??
  • Options
    Month/Cycle:  2, Got of BCP in April
    CD:  30
    What are you doing to get KU: BDing 2 days on 1 day off. 
    Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk:  My chart is out of control (linked in siggy) . I wish it would get back to normal. It seems to be getting closer but who knows. 
    GTKY: 4th of July plans? Working and some BBQ
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    @kosmo86 can you link your chart? I'm mobile so I don't see siggy's, but I love to chart stalk!

• Options
    @Carazona5 That's what I said but the dinner tasted like rotted wood. Not that I would know what that tastes like.
    imageimageimage

• Options

• Options

Month/Cycle: 1st TTCAL, D&C 6/22 @9w2d

CD: 9

What are you doing to get KU: Easing into sex again. Temping, tracking CM, $-store HPTs to follow the drop from last pregnancy (I've been falling on schedule so far, I should be 39 today, possibly - HPT tomorrow or Thursday a.m.), and $-store OPKs, I'm busting out my saliva OPK microscope today, starting S.A.D. lamp treatment to jump-start FSH. Continuing prenatals, iron for anemia, krill oil, starting Mucinex for EWCM, B6 for luteal phase, and calcium+magnesium to give having a daughter a remote shot.

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: I know my odds of ovulating perfectly on schedule are slim, but fingers crossed because I have travel away from DH planned the second week of July.

GTKY: Nothing big, our family tradition is to climb up on the roof and watch all the shows from the 7 surrounding municipalities, and scramble down periodically and make s'mores. The kids love it.
  • Options
    kosmo86 said:
    I see what you mean! Sorry no advice but maybe someone else will have some!

• Options
    labackerlabacker member
    edited June 2015
    Excited for you @mommy grams!!! We'll take it from here. I'll plan to continue to creep the TWW board. FX!!!!! 

Month/Cycle: 2/2 CD: 15 

What are you doing to get KU: all the things. Starting to BD EOD since I finally got a read on my fertility monitor!!!!! Opk is still negative though. Maybe they'll start to align tomorrow? 

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: my chart is a hot mess. It's my first time doing it so I'll post for fun, but hoping between my opks, fertility monitor and temping that something will start to make sense. I was sick with a fever at the beginning of my cycle and then the other spike was after a night of WAY too much wine. 

GTKY: 4th of July plans? Heading to my hubby's hometown for some good 'ol family time! Excited for a long weekend!

ETA: moved gif... it caused weird formatting. Ok, I give up. My formatting sucks.

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD: 64

What are you doing to get KU: The usuals... plus I've increased the OPKs to almost every time I pee. I really don't know why, but it gives me some sort of sick pleasure. 

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: It's CD 64. As I have it figured, each day is one day closer to O-ing, AF, and/or some sort of medical intervention. So, there's that.

GTKY: 4th of July plans? Sadly, none. I'll probably go play in our gardens. The flower gardens could use some serious TLC right about now, and our tomatoes have blight. Luckily, there are a few volunteer tomato plants growing by the peas that we haven't pulled. I might try to cage them when we pull the peas, in an attempt to get some sort of crop this year.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Aw shucks, I just responded in the Monday thread I think. (Edit: nope, just spacey as all get out.)

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: I'm thinking I should discard all my high post D&C temps if tomorrow stays low. My cover line has traditionally always been 97.3-97.4. I know it won't be perfect, maybe a smidge higher? Just part of getting back to normal I guess.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 3

What are you doing to get KU: once AF is gone, we'll get back to sex EOD or so and checking CM.

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: this is my first time charting in over 3 years so I'm trying to remember to temp everyday and everything that goes along with charting. 

GTKY: 4th of July plans? nothing big.  probably grill out then go down to the beach to watch the fireworks.
  • Options
    Aw shucks, I just responded in the Monday thread I think. (Edit: nope, just spacey as all get out.) Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: I'm thinking I should discard all my high post D&C temps if tomorrow stays low. My cover line has traditionally always been 97.3-97.4. I know it won't be perfect, maybe a smidge higher? Just part of getting back to normal I guess.
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't really think you need to discard your temps- unless it is helps you emotionally. When your temp stays down for a while, FF will recognize that your cover line is not as high as your earlier temps.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 6

CD: 24

What are you doing to get KU: charting and temping, bd during fertile days and whenever we feel the mood, started prenatals

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: still no temp confirmation of ovulation. Had 2 positive opks sunday and monday. This mornings was negative but temp was not any higher than normal. Heres my chart: http:/fertilityfriend.com/home/5addce

GTKY: 4th of July plans? Going to the Sun Down Salute. A big celebrations that happens in the town right off post. It's my first one so I'm pretty excited.
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 13

What are you doing to get KU: charting, vitamins, opks

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: I'm pretty convinced inoculated on Saturday, but when I add future higher temps FF still won't give me cross hairs. My post o temps are probably not high enough but grrrrr.

GTKY: 4th of July plans? We go to DH's grandparents house for. Every. Holiday.
  • Options
    hboazhboaz member
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 5

What are you doing to get KU: AF is on the outs, so going to start BD EOD this week, and then ramp it up to ED next week as I typically O around CD13-15.

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: See ya, AF! Let's get this show on the road!

GTKY: 4th of July plans? July 4th is my husbands birthday (he likes to say he's a little firecracker) ;) Pretty much all of our family and friends are going camping for the weekend, but DH has to work so we will probably grab some dinner to celebrate his birthday, drink like I'm (hopefully) having one of my last drinks for 9 months, and catch the fireworks!
    Me - 30; DH - 30
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    3/16 - Started infertility testing
    4/16 - SA results: borderline low count/morph
    8/16 - Ultrasound and HSG: all clear! Prescribed Bromocriptine for elevated Prolactin levels.
    9/16 - Prolactin down to normal levels! 

IUI #1 - 9/21/16 - Clomid 50mg, Estrace, Ovidrel, Progesterone/Estradiol - 4 follies - BFP! EDD 6/15/17 Team PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 21

What are you doing to get KU: Temping, checking CM, sexsexsex

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: Finally seeing some fertile CM and my temp dipped this morning, so I'm hoping that means something!

GTKY: 4th of July plans?
    The 3rd is DS's 1st birthday, so we'll be having his party on the 4th :)
    Me: 26  DH: 29
    Married since May 2013
    DS born July 2014
    TTC#2 since April 2015
    BFP on 7/2/2013

• Options
    KristieA said:

@Carazona5 That's what I said but the dinner tasted like rotted wood. Not that I would know what that tastes like.

Ohhh I thought you were saying you had to avoid garlic now because you're pregnant but I get what you mean now - it makes you sick? At first I was thinking "I've never heard you can't have garlic when you're pregnant!" Lol
  • Options
    Carazona5 said:

KristieA said:

Ohhh I thought you were saying you had to avoid garlic now because you're pregnant but I get what you mean now - it makes you sick? At first I was thinking "I've never heard you can't have garlic when you're pregnant!" Lol
    Yep my first food adversion. DH says it's because the 'Poppyseed' is a Sharp with descerning tastes.
    imageimageimage

• Options
    SchmancyNancySchmancyNancy member
    edited June 2015

CD: 18 

What are you doing to get KU: BDing like bunnies! Temping & Prenatals.

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: chart attached!!!! :) lol super excited because if my temp stays elevated tomorrow then I definitely ovulated in CD16 and that puts me at 3 DPO tomorrow!! Ahh 

GTKY: 4th of July plans? I have a two year old who is not a fan of fireworks so we will being BBQing, playing in the pool possibly with some sparklers lol 

* hopefully this is my last WTO too! TWW here we come! 

**I removed my OPK tests results from my chart. I've decided that I must not have been testing properly, because yesterday and today I got "almost" positives and it was screwing up my chart with all the negatives. Either way, it gives me cross hairs or dotted line cross hairs.

Edited for mobile autocorrect
    Me: 27
    DH: 28
    Married: August 2010
    LO: July 2012
    TTC #2 since: May 2015

• Options

Month/Cycle: 2

CD: 13

What are you doing to get KU: All the crazy fun stuff

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: I suck at temping. I started off so well but then it's been a mess of not sleeping well and not being home. Ugh:/ also if I O when FF is predicting based on my last cycle DH will be out of town. Best I would be able to do is BD -4, possibly 0 and 1 :((

GTKY: 4th of July plans? Just work and clean. Maybe hang out with some friends
  • Options
    viabug said:

For those waiting to ovulate:
    Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: Ugh:/ also if I O when FF is predicting based on my last cycle DH will be out of town. Best I would be able to do is BD -4, possibly 0 and 1 :((

Get out in some sun! You can speed up ovulation and ramp up FSH production by absorbing sunlight through your eyes, in the morning. I'm using a 10,000 lux S.A.D lamp now in the mornings because I'm facing a similar dilemma with travel on my O day and a week after. I can't afford a delay. I stumbled on this research a couple years ago when I freaked out because I started O'ing on CD 11 or 13... it turns out I was really into tanning beds those months ;)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1851732/
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    "You can speed up ovulation and ramp up FSH production by absorbing sunlight through your eyes, in the morning." 
    Sunlight helps boost fertility because of the vitamin D. Our skin makes large amounts of vitamin D when large areas are exposed and the sun is high... so not in the mornings and not through your eyes. Also, a tanning bed will never provide you with the vitamin D that you need. Its always safer to go outdoors and use sunblock. 

*Edited to be nicer  
    8->

• Options
    For those waiting to ovulate...   Yay! I get to play! ;)

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 6

What are you doing to get KU: AF is finally gone so we can start the fun! Probably EOD, cm checks, etc. no OPKs this month, but will start next

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: just getting back into the swing of things since i haven't temp/charted for 2 years. last month and this month's charts are looking ok so far. 

GTKY: 4th of July plans? every year we go to my DH's family's so we'll be doing that again, only this time it looks like we will have a potty training toddler in tow.

-=- Tara -=-

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD: 3

What are you doing to get KU: practicing patience, praying, and trying to not eat everything I want all the time. And of course the obvious, BD during FW and when I want to, temps, ovulation monitoring by RE, prenatals, exercise

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: my last cycle lasted exactly 14 days with confirmed ovulation date on CD 9. That means my luteal phase was only 5 days long. That does not even begin to make sense. Hopefully the dr will have some insight as to what the heck is going on tomorrow. I don't understand how my cycle can be so irregular.

GTKY: 4th of July plans? Garth Brooks concert!!!! I am so excited for this weekend I can hardly contain myself. I see some margs in my future!
  • Options

CD: 2

What are you doing to get KU: Sex EOD once AF is gone. 

Rant/Rave/Chart Stalk: I signed up for Fertility Friend yesterday but it kinda freaked me out. I really don't think temping is my thing because it just sounds stressful and like a lot of work. I can barely remember to take my PNV every day. But answer me this: I have always been pretty positive when I've O'd even before I started looking everything up on making babies because I get cramps before and because of my CM. If you consistently have this shouldn't that be good enough to know when you need to start getting down business without temping? Why does everyone say you "can't know" when you've O'd if you aren't temping. Personally I'm pretty aware when it's coming and know when it happens. 

GTKY: 4th of July plans? Having both side of the family over for a BBQ. 
    Me: 29, DH: 32
    Married: July 22, 2008
    Fur babies: Phoenix and Yeti (both cats). 
    TTC#1 since: May 2015
    September 2016- Infertility Testing
    dx: Low Progesterone, Vitamin D Deficiency, Borderline PCOS
    Treatment: 
    October 2016-January 2017- Metformin, Clomid/Letrozole, hcg trigger, progesterone
    IUI- 2/17/2017 BFP 3/2/2017! 

• Options
    @MandyBeeSLP FF seems overwhelming at first, but you might be surprised at how easy temping is. It only takes about a minute each day, and is the only way to confirm that you have ovulated.
    Although you have always been regular with your symptoms, that could change without warning. Also, when you are TTC, it is amazing how much more sensitive you become to "symptoms." Temping really helps validate that what you felt and saw was O symptoms, as those symptoms can occur at other times in your cycle.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @MandyBeeSLP Like they've said before, your regular until you're not. Temping is a for sure way to know when you've ovulated because it creates trends that you can analyze after you've recorded your second cycle. For me CM will change, come and go. I have no trend when it comes to my CM so temping has really helped me a lot!  And cramps, ugh don't get me started on cramps, i get cramps from gas, during my LP, during ovulation and during AF, so cramps tell me nothing! For me it feels like temping is the only thing i can depend on to tell me anything! Also, I have my BBT on my nightstand and set an alarm for 4am to take my temp while still in bed, record it in FF and then go back to sleep, literally takes less than 2 min and I'm barely awake during the process!  Hope this helps encourage you to start temping and use FF! :) 

• Options
    @MandyBeeSLP If you want to try a few months without temping thats ok, but if you are impatient (like me) then I would start temping. TCOYF is the most recommend book on here but I think it is very detailed. To get a basic understanding to start I would read what to expect before your expecting or The Impatient Woman’s Guide to Getting Pregnant both give a great top level approach to start out. 

As a newbie myself who spends to much time on these boards. If you want advice from any of these ladies in the future. EVERYONE will ask to see you temping chart.