3rd Trimester

Pains

i will be 37 weeks Friday and my hurting in my lower area how can I tell if they are contractions

Re: Pains

• Contractions normally start (for me) at the top of your uterus and make there way down, but occasionally start in the back and rap around. If you think your having contractions fell your tummy, if its solid like a rock all over then its most likely a contraction, but be sure to feel the sides of your bump and the top. Sometimes baby just cuddles to the front of your tummy to be a goober.
  • He does that a lot I didn't know this is my first
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine felt like a combo of period cramps (down low) and needing to poop at first. When they started getting regular enough to time, they were wrapping around to my back as well. They will steadily get closer together and more severe. Eventually they moved 100% to my back...DD was sunny side up so i had the joy of 7 hours of unmedicated back labor before I FINALLY got the epidural I had been begging for at 6cm.

At 37 weeks, it is most likely Braxton hicks...sit down, relax, and drink lots of water. If it persists and becomes regular, call your doctor.