February 2016 Moms

Afraid of losing baby

Hello my names is Sandy and I'm pregnant with my second child. I had a friend who lost her baby at 11weeks and I went through that loss with her like it was me. It still haunts me. Everything she was feeling I felt it with her. She is in such a deep depression that she says she can't really be happy for me. I miss the old her. I am only seven weeks along but I'm so afraid of losing this baby. Everyday I think of my friend and this fear overwhelms me. I think of how she told me her breasts stopped hurting a week before she found out. I catch myself touching my breasts everyday just to make sure they are still sore. lol I know it's silly but I'm scared to get too happy. In my mind I know once I get past eleven weeks I'll be okay, but will it be???

Re: Afraid of losing baby

• My DD is 13 months old and I still worry about this everyday. I don't think this fear goes away, it just changes.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• I feel the same way and if I ever have a moment I feel good I immediately think something is wrong :/ Hope it eases for you soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Having been thorough it personally I totally understand. I also have been feeling myself up making sure the girls are tender still.

This is the furthest I have been in a pregnancy and I think @magnumJ is right - the fear just evolves. Maybe it's just being a mother - feeling like you want to do everything in your power to protect your child.

It's a struggle but just remember today you are pregnant - cherish it.
    Married 7/20/13
    #1 MC August 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #2 MC November 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ecmbecmb member
    When we get pregnant we sign up for this roller coaster ride. It's normal to worry, but try to relax and know that everything is out of your hands and out of your control at this point.

You're pregnant today- try to focus on that.

Me: 32  Hubby: 31

Married 12/29/12

Started TTC July 2014

Miscarriage August 2014

Emmett born February 2016

Expecting Baby #2 in August 2017

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/544e80

• jillnjjillnj member
    I'm totally terrified. I had a loss at almost 16 weeks last year. I'm now 8 weeks along and started bleeding last night. I know that's somewhat normal, but I'm so anxious and overwhelmed. Saw my doc this AM and he says all is ok. The ultrasound was good. My progesterone level was super low (6.5!) but he says not to worry. Impossible. I'm a total wreck. I don't think I'll ever be able to relax again:( Best of luck to everyone. This is the wildest rollercoaster ever.
  • jillnj said:

I'm totally terrified. I had a loss at almost 16 weeks last year. I'm now 8 weeks along and started bleeding last night. I know that's somewhat normal, but I'm so anxious and overwhelmed. Saw my doc this AM and he says all is ok. The ultrasound was good. My progesterone level was super low (6.5!) but he says not to worry. Impossible. I'm a total wreck. I don't think I'll ever be able to relax again:( Best of luck to everyone. This is the wildest rollercoaster ever.

Did they start you on progesterone supplements then?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jillnjjillnj member
    ss456 said:

jillnj said:

Yes - I've been on progesterone throughout the pregnancy because I did IVF. Last week they started weaning me off and that's when this all started. They increased the dose after the bleeding and low level. Going back on Thurs to re-check.

(Sorry if I'm not doing this correctly this is my first reply post)
  • magnumJ said:

My DD is 13 months old and I still worry about this everyday. I don't think this fear goes away, it just changes.

This so much except insert 15.5 month old. Whole pregnancy I worried after a mc, she was born I worried... She's almost 16 months and I still wake up checking on her in the motn..... The worry never goes away.
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    Try your best to stay positive :)
  • jillnj said:

ss456 said:

jillnj said:

Yes - I've been on progesterone throughout the pregnancy because I did IVF. Last week they started weaning me off and that's when this all started. They increased the dose after the bleeding and low level. Going back on Thurs to re-check.

(Sorry if I'm not doing this correctly this is my first reply post)
    I'm an ivf mama too! What type of progesterone are you on? If you happen to be using the vaginal suppository gel like Crinone, that stuff isn't measured in your bloodstream accurately. (I'm hoping that's what you're on, just so you can worry less!) I do the injections.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know how you feel.  This is the farthest along I have been and this is my 3rd time around....had 2 MC in the last year.  I worry daily but am hopeful that this time around everything will go ok.  It's hard to get excited when you are so worried!  Hang in there and just know you aren't alone!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
                           -1st MC- June 2014 at 6 weeks 
                      -2nd MC- December 2014 at 7 weeks
                     -Braxton Bradley has arrived!  1/4/2016
                              (original EDD was 2/2/2016)

• jillnj said:

Right there with you. I'm between 5 and 6 weeks currently we think and had my first OB visit Friday. My HCG was good (2000ish) but progesterone was low (8.9) and I was too early to be able to get an accurate due date based on the sono. There was a sac (about 5 mm) but nothing else was visible. Been taking prometrium 100mg once a day since Monday and last night I spotted a tiny amount of red blood. It stopped right away and I went in today and the OB said my cervix is closed but friable (likely to bleed easily), which is probably where the blood came from. Had another sono and the sac has doubled in size, but still too early to be able to see anything else. OB was not very concerned and said everything looks good. I got blood drawn (should hear about that tomorrow or Friday) and have an appt for another sono next Friday, so it's a waiting game until then. Completely freaked out that there will be nothing there or that my numbers will not be good. Getting semi-bad news about my progesterone and then spotting within a couple of days of that has totally thrown me for a loop. Obviously worrying won't change things one way or another, but that's much easier advice to give than it is to take.
  • magnumJ said:
    My DD is 13 months old and I still worry about this everyday. I don't think this fear goes away, it just changes.
    THIS. I still get the urge to go check that my 2 year old is breathing at night. To to relax and think positively. I read this quote the other day that was something like Worrying about the bad stuff won't make it go away it will just make you enjoy the good stuff less. 
    Baby 2.0!
    BabyFruit Ticker

"http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32499b"
     28 Years old DH 29
    Married since 8/7/10
  • Hi All, I fully understand your fears. I am 40 yo and am blessed to be pregnant ( natural conception) around 7 weeks. This is my 2nd pregnancy, we lost our first baby boy at 16 weeks last December, so heartbreaking. I too have had intermittent pink/red spotting over the past week.. My HCG numbers and US looked good so far. My hubby and I are trying to focus on being happy each day for our new little baby but of course I am very worried each time I see blood. I am trying to lean in my faith knowing it is out of my hands. My OB thinks we lost our first due to cervical incompetence, so I am scared to exercise or anything.. Just trying to stay as rested as possible. Best wishes to all of you and prayers that our sweet rainbow babies will stay healthy and safe!
  • jillnjjillnj member
    Just an update: went back on the progesterone pills and my levels were great again. They took me off the pills (again) but kept me on the suppositories and my level dropped to 5.9! Crazy low. I'm still bleeding/spotting. Going back on the pills 3x a day. This is so stressful. Back to doc on Thurs.
  • bbax44bbax44 member
    Dr called today that my prog were a little low for her liking, they're at 16 according to my labs last thursday. So she's having me insert the gel before bed starting tonight, I've had 2 mc and I'm freaking and worrying that it's too late to start them, that I'm already doomed. :( any success stories?? They're much needed right now!
  • I'm on the gel. Just to give you a heads up @bbax44 , you will have some mild spotting whilst on the gel. It will irritate your cervix, so often times you'll see brown, pink, orange discharge. It's nothing to worry about.

It's def not too late. Some women start at 14 weeks and go right up till they deliver. You'll be fine!
  • bbax44bbax44 member

I'm on the gel. Just to give you a heads up @bbax44 , you will have some mild spotting whilst on the gel. It will irritate your cervix, so often times you'll see brown, pink, orange discharge. It's nothing to worry about.

It's def not too late. Some women start at 14 weeks and go right up till they deliver. You'll be fine!

Omg thank you so much for the heads up and positivity!! I was bad and started googling the normal prog levels and how low is too low, but i have my dating us next tuesday so I'm not going to google anymore and just hope for the best!
  • bbax44 said:

Dr called today that my prog were a little low for her liking, they're at 16 according to my labs last thursday. So she's having me insert the gel before bed starting tonight, I've had 2 mc and I'm freaking and worrying that it's too late to start them, that I'm already doomed. :( any success stories?? They're much needed right now!

When I started 200mg once a day progesterone supplements, my levels were at 16! That's just on the low end of normal so I feel like it's just a precaution. That was at 6 weeks and I'll be 10 weeks on Thursday!
  • bbax44bbax44 member

bbax44 said:

When I started 200mg once a day progesterone supplements, my levels were at 16! That's just on the low end of normal so I feel like it's just a precaution. That was at 6 weeks and I'll be 10 weeks on Thursday!
    Yay, happy for you :) thank you for sharing that with me, makes me feel a little better. I'm just worried that between my labs last thursday and starting supplements today they've already gone down. I'm just worrying about any possibility right now.