December 2015 Moms

DH can kiss my fat pregnant butt

alright, I'm tired of being upset over the "I peeked" thing, when in reality, I'm thrilled that I now know I'm having a boy! If DH wants to be an ass about it, well then he can kiss mine! I'm the one that knows we are having a son!!! No lies, it is the first boy born in my family in 22 years!! My family is gonna go NUTS when those blue balloons come out! I have a pregnant cousin right now (girl) and a cousin that just had a baby (girl) so it's gonna be amazing! Just wanted to share. I'm done having DH make me feel bad. Now I'm MAD at him! For being such an ass ;)

Re: DH can kiss my fat pregnant butt

• I'm not taking sides, but I can see why he is upset. This was something you could have done together. He gets everything second and it would've been nice for him to share this with you. It's got to hurt that you didn't want to wait and give him that opportunity.

But it's done now and can't be changed, so he needs to move forward. I'm sure he will stop sulking soon. Have you apologised to him?

• Yeah, my SO would be totally bummed if I found out the gender and did not immediatley tell him. Especially if we had discussed waiting until a certain time. I would probably apologize and then talk about all the wonderful things he will be able to do with his son. But I definitely think that if you have already said sorry then he may sulk a little and then build a bridge to get over it. hahaha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh I apologized profusely- tried to figure out how to make it up to him- got up early this morning and ironed his pants and took him to work so he didn't have to walk to the bus- I even took the trash out last night so he could come to bed early (I don't do trash, ever). He's still being an ass about it. He had to work and couldn't come to the U/S anyway- he's just mad that he wants to know but thinks I shouldn't tell him because then everyone at the party thinks we don't know but we do- he's complicated sometimes but he's being a big fat jerk at this point and needs to get over it
  • I get him being a little upset, but he doesn't need to be a child about it. It's not the end of the world. He should get over it already. Good for you for not letting yourself feel beat up about it anymore. 

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Well, you obviously feel bad (not that you know the sex, but they you knew before him and it hurt his feelings). My take on it - Honestly, you didn't need to tell him, but you did and that's what matters. You made a choice in the moment because you are just so excited about the baby. It's in the past so you don't want to dwell and you'd like it if you could be happy about it together. In the grand scheme of life, it's not a big deal. Congrats on the baby boy! So exciting :) 

FYI - we had decided on waiting until the anatomy scan, but then my insurance said they cover the blood tests so we went ahead and did it. I was SO relieved to hear that all blood work came back normal so when they asked "do you want to know the sex?" I said, ummm... yes. I had told DH that I would have them call back and leave it on vm for both of us, but in the moment I wanted to know RIGHT THEN. So, I just told him right afterwards. Not as big of a deal as peaking when we were going to have a gender reveal, but kind of the same? I get it. You just wanted to know! It's only human. 

imageimage

• I peeked at my results before telling DH too. And I don't regret it. I'd do it again.

You have to carry the boy for 9 months, so I agree he can kiss your butt if he wants to be upset!
  • Congrats on having a boy, they're great! Our son (two next month) was the first grandson, great-grandson on my husband's side. He was the first boy in 18 years on both sides. :)
  • The only reason I didn't peek ahead of time was because I knew it would disappoint DH. He wanted a girl, I wanted another boy, and I had a strong feeling it was a girl because the pregnancy was so different. One of my friends made the reveal cake, and she asked to video the first cut of the cake. I was honest and told her I didn't think that was a good idea because I knew I was going to be disappointed. Sure enough, you see my face drop as soon as I cut into the cake and see pink. Maybe if I had peeked ahead of time, I could have at least faked it.

Just to clarify, I am now excited about having a girl. I picked up her baby book yesterday and have already started filling it out...I can't believe she's almost halfway here!
  • You made a mistake. You're human. You apologized. He will get over it!!! Congratulations!
  • I get that he is rightfully mad, BUT you did come clean and you apologized. He can't just drag it out forever. It's time to move on I agree
  • I wonder if your hormones are rubbing off on him.
    You slipped and tried to make it better-you did your part.

In my experience , DH can't resist pregnant boobs. Maybe walk around without your shirt for a little, I'm sure he'll come crawling back.
    ( in the second trimester I have no filter).