August 2015 Moms

baby weighing 5lbs at 33 weeks

Does this mean im going to end up with a huge baby??? Ugh my poor vagina lol

Re: baby weighing 5lbs at 33 weeks

• Just had an ultrasound this weekend. I'm also 33 wks they said baby is 4.4 lbs, I'm wondering the same thing! Lol
  • Im so scared now lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Lol my baby is measuring big too. Ha ha you guys are funny. I think that it is perfect for me because I will be induced in few weeks, so she will be perfect. Bella is 5 pounds and 15 ounces at 34.4 weeks. The labor part, I have no clue what will happen. C section or vaginally :|
  • I had a growth scan done as they thought baby was growing small I was 34 weeks at the time and he is already 5.2! I still have 5 weeks to go!
  • It means nothing, really.
    imageLilypie - (d9io)
    imageLilypie - (3w4O)
  • I am 32 weeks and they estimated our son was 4 lbs 5 oz. I thought that sounded big but it is 57th percentile, so he is more like average :)
  • gulimzgulimz member
    33 weeks and baby is over 5 lbs. However, like pp said, they're known to be wrong. Is just a guesstimate the machine makes based on measurements . Even if the baby is a bit chubby, ehh it's not a bad thing in my opinion. Chubby babies are so adorable =)
  • That's not even that big... I had a growth ultrasound at 33 weeks 6 days and baby was estimated to be 6.7 lbs. That being said, they are extremely inaccurate. My doctor even told me not to take much stock in it. She said its normal for them to be off 1.5 lbs (I've heard 2 from other sources). My daughter had one at 32 weeks and again at 35 weeks. She was at 30th percentile for the first, 67th for the second, and she was a completely normal 7 lb 5.6 oz baby born on her due date.
  • I had an ultrasound today and my baby is 5 pounds 3 ounces and I'm 34.5 weeks and in the 49th percentile so I think it's pretty average
  • 35 weeks and 5 lbs 12 oz... 53rd percentile (I think). Doctor doesn't think she will be huge!
  • @Lalala2326 you give me hope. I went for a growth ultrasound today and I'm 34w3d and baby measured 5 lbs 14oz. My dd was 6 lbs 3oz at birth and my last ob said I wouldn't have been able to vaginally deliver if she was much bigger. That just keeps replaying in my head. Next appointment in 2 weeks we will talk about another ultrasound and possible induction.
  • mrieemriee member
    I heard "bigger" babies (up to a point obviously) are easier to birth as it puts more pressure on your cervix during delivery. This maybe a lie to reassure us lol but as PP have said the weight of the baby is only a guess till they are born so don't get too stressed.
  • Honestly that doesn't sound abnormally big to me! This baby is measuring a lot larger then my first (35 week scan yesterday they said she is 6lbs5oz and measuring at 36 weeks) and my son was born at 38 weeks and was only 6lbs15oz.... I would take their guess and plus/minus 1-2 lbs.
    Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • lillyzmom said:
    @Lalala2326 you give me hope. I went for a growth ultrasound today and I'm 34w3d and baby measured 5 lbs 14oz. My dd was 6 lbs 3oz at birth and my last ob said I wouldn't have been able to vaginally deliver if she was much bigger. That just keeps replaying in my head. Next appointment in 2 weeks we will talk about another ultrasound and possible induction.
    I don't get this at all, why doctors say this. I truly don't think a woman's body would make a baby she couldn't deliver. Saying that only gives you anxiety and actually probably starts to doubt your ability to deliver a baby vaginally. I'm pretty petite and delivered a near 9lb 22" baby vaginally. My mom is petite and all 5 of us were over 8. Sorry, drives me nuts when I hear Dr.'s say the baby might be too big to deliver vaginally. They said the same thing to my sister this past May and she had a 7.2lb baby just fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My OB has no plans to US (have not had an official one since 19 weeks). I do scan the babe at work if I have a chance (last one was 5 weeks ago).
  • It's so crazy to me that Drs freak women out now adays with these predictions and thoughts of the need for early induction and such. WE WERE MADE TO DO THIS LADIES! My baby is measuring about 3 weeks ahead and they are already stressing me out. I'm 34 weeks. The talks of induction and c section by my OB are just ridiculous to me at this point. He healthy, he's active, why stress this mess? My grandmother birthed her first child my Dad on his due date naturally and vaginally and he was 11lbs 13oz!!! My mom birthed me and my brother naturally and vaginally and we both were 8+ lbs. I just don't get why women and Drs now adays don't believe we can't have babys 7+ lbs vaginally anymore or without meds. To each their own on making those sort of decisions if you feel they are right for you but DO NOT let your dr try to talk you into it unless they stress that it is for you and the babies safety. YOU CAN DO IT! YOUR BODY WAS MADE FOR THIS!
  • I also am growing a Babyzilla which I was terrified by originally but the nurse that taught my childbirth class assured me a that larger baby isn't worse to birth than a smaller baby. It's not like the head circumference keeps growing, the baby is just putting on fat at this point. Regardless of whether you have a 7 lb baby or a 9 lb baby, if the head circumference is the same for both, it's not going to be any harder to push out a 9lb baby as the extra 2lb is just squishy stuff.
  • It's a guess, my sister was told at 31 w her son was 5pounda and was born at 40w to the day and was only 6Ibs 12oz
  • I was born at 32weeks 30 years ago and weighed 6Ibs and my mom is 5'0. My lungs were my problem and the cord being around my neck twice.

My son was 37w and weighed 8.5Ibs.. And they said he would be under 7. You never know.

God made us to give birth, don't worry
  • This isn't big even if it's accurate. It's about average, try not to worry about it!
  • 32w4d and he's 4 lbs 3 oz!
  • my smallest baby was actually the hardest/took the longest to push out.  My son was 9 pounds and was 22.5 inches long and I was only in labor/delivery for 6 hours all total. 

However, US machines are inaccurate with weight.  So don't believe the hype.
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Your body will not grow a baby (medical conditions aside) that it cannot birth. I truly believe this.
  • If a 5 lb baby at 33 weeks gains .5lbs every week until 40 weeks ( and they may not every gain that), that's an 8-8.5 lb baby. And that's not huge.