February 2016 Moms

Hcg help!!

anyone have hcg levels that rise but there not quite doubling?

Re: Hcg help!!

• It can happen. The further along you get, the doubling window is longer (like 72 hours compared to 48).

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Mine didn't double. Blood drawn at 5w6d was 24000 and drawn again at 6w1d was 37000. I asked my doctor and they said that it all depends. When they start to get high, they don't necessarily double! Don't freak, I know I did, haha. But you should be fine!
  • Loading the player...
  • ecmbecmb member
    It depends how high they are and how far along you are as PPs mentioned.

Do you have your values and weeks+days to reference?

Me: 32  Hubby: 31

Married 12/29/12

Started TTC July 2014

Miscarriage August 2014

Emmett born February 2016

Expecting Baby #2 in August 2017

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/544e80

• No I don't know what my levels were I got it drawn at 5 weeks then 5 weeks 2 days and 5 weeks 4 days. They said there rising but they don't think there doubling but I don't have bleeding or cramping so they didn't seem to concerned
  • Mine didn't double. They were in the 3,000-5,000 range at around 5 weeks and only went up 55% in 48 hours. We didn't draw any more after that point. Doctor was concerned with my numbers and told me I may MC but then at 7W we saw a healthy heartbeat. My doctor stated that HCG is not always completely reliable as it can vary so much from person to person, but that US is a much better indication of the viability of a pregnancy. Do you have an US scheduled? How far along are you?
  • I'm 5w5d and no I don't have one scheduled yet I have had a m/c for low levels before but they didn't seem to think it was that much of a concern this time I'm just worried
  • I know it's hard not to worry, but if your doctor didn't seem concerned, just try to ride it out. Easier said than done, I know! Thinking of you and sending good vibes!
  • ecmbecmb member
    pbtoast said:

I know it's hard not to worry, but if your doctor didn't seem concerned, just try to ride it out. Easier said than done, I know! Thinking of you and sending good vibes!

This.

If your doctor said they're not concerned then try to relax. They'd definitely let you know if they were worried.

Married 12/29/12

Started TTC July 2014

Miscarriage August 2014

• How do you all know your levels?

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • ecmbecmb member
    Bfavors said:

How do you all know your levels?

I had mine done the day after first positive test due to a prior MC. They wanted to check my progesterone and make sure the hCG was doubling.

If you have no history of losses it is typical for them to not check you/see you until 8 weeks or longer

Married 12/29/12

Started TTC July 2014

Miscarriage August 2014

• ecmb said:
    I had mine done the day after first positive test due to a prior MC. They wanted to check my progesterone and make sure the hCG was doubling. If you have no history of losses it is typical for them to not check you/see you until 8 weeks or longer

I went in at 8 weeks and the doctor didn't mention anything about it..maybe I'll follow up at my 12 week appt...

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • ecmbecmb member
    Bfavors said:

ecmb said:

Bfavors said:

I had mine done the day after first positive test due to a prior MC. They wanted to check my progesterone and make sure the hCG was doubling.

If you have no history of losses it is typical for them to not check you/see you until 8 weeks or longer

I went in at 8 weeks and the doctor didn't mention anything about it..maybe I'll follow up at my 12 week appt...

Did you get an ultrasound? At 8 weeks or further along the FHR and ultrasound are more telling than your levels. They only check levels early on typically before you can see anything in the womb.

Married 12/29/12

Started TTC July 2014

Miscarriage August 2014

• ecmb said:

ecmb said:
    I had mine done the day after first positive test due to a prior MC. They wanted to check my progesterone and make sure the hCG was doubling. If you have no history of losses it is typical for them to not check you/see you until 8 weeks or longer

Did you get an ultrasound? At 8 weeks or further along the FHR and ultrasound are more telling than your levels. They only check levels early on typically before you can see anything in the womb.
    @ecmb  I had an ultrasound long enough for the doctor to confirm it and get a bpm for heartbeat. I had to get a referral to a diagnostics center for a formal ultrasound as my office doesn't have updated equipment or something..that appointment is scheduled for tomorrow morning.

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • ecmbecmb member
    @Bfavors that makes sense. They would prob only check your levels of they didn't see what they expect to. That's exciting that you have an ultrasound tomorrow!

Married 12/29/12

Started TTC July 2014

Miscarriage August 2014

• @ecmb pretty excited about it! Been antsy since my appt to make sure I am measuring correctly and everything. I still don't know for sure that that's what has been driving me crazy

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • I've never had my levels tested (this time or last time), @bfavors. They typically only do it for women with previous MC or IF issues from what I understand.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Bfavors said:

I asked our path lab for my results!
  • magnumJ said:
    I've never had my levels tested (this time or last time), @bfavors. They typically only do it for women with previous MC or IF issues from what I understand.
    Definitely learning a lot as a first timer!

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • I'm in the same boat as you. I had 3 blood draws starting at 5 wks 5 days over a 5 day period 337,512,817. They are rising but not doubling. Keeping my fingers crossed and will do the same for you! ☺️
    SSgt wife