July 2015 Moms

Scheduled csection tomorrow! Nervous!!

i have my csection tomorrow at 730 am and I am VERY nervous!
Any advice or helpful support so I know what to expect would be awesome!!
Thanks

Re: Scheduled csection tomorrow! Nervous!!

• crf4crf4 member
    You'll be fine! The scheduled c-section for me was such a calm feeling, a million times better than my first one that was emergency. Staff is calm and they will help you feel secure. Worst part is just when they make your husband (or whoever your support person is) wait in the hall while you get the spinal. Just try to relax and have confidence in your medical team - mine's in 10 days and I can't wait :)
  • Good luck :) I had an emergency csection but I had a great team and recovery is going much better then I thought. Think positive!!! And I hear a scheduled csection is much better then an emergency one, so happy thoughts your way!
  • Loading the player...
  • Me too! Same exact time!!! Good luck and thoughts and prayers to you!
  • You'll be fine, the staff are pros and focus on the end result! I always figure millions of strong women did this before me, I can too! You got this!! O
  • I'm having mine tomorrow as well at the same time. Good luck! First one was an emergency but had a smooth recovery. Hoping the same for this one.
  • I'm so jealous! I have exactly a month from today u till my c section date. I'm so tired and hot. I wish this pregnancy was over. But I will survive. I had a planned section with my first. It was a wonderful experience. You'll do great! Just relax and try to sleep tonight. I never can the night before. But I wish I could it's the one night you will really need that extra sleep.
  • Does the spinal hurt? Is it just a shot or will a tube be hooked to it like a catheter? What about the IV?
    I've never had surgery before so I'm a bit nervous and just want to know what to expect
    Thank you all for your kind words!
  • The spinal is inserted into your spine with a soft catheter that is left hanging out. (usually brought up and over yourshoulder so the anesthesiologist has easy access. U cant move during insertion but it doesnt really hurt. U will feel the meds almost immediately. For me it shoots straight down a nerve and tingles but soon im numb. Then they will insert a urine catheter which u wont feel one bit. You will have a drape screen placed in front of you but warn your dh or birth partner that stainless steel reflects like a mirror! You will feel alot of tugging but shouldnt feel any pain. Just communicate with thr anesthesiologist who will be sitting by yoir head. He/she cobtrols everythibg and the moment you feel somethibg they fix it ( example...i felt like i was about to pass out..a wave that came over me in a millisecond. Mentioned it and bam..something was adjusted and i felt immediate relief) it will be over before you know it! You will be weak and probably not be able to feel ur arms and legs for awhile after but it will gradually come back. Skin to skin is possible etc as long as baby is doing well and you should get baby on you/in ur amrs for the ride back to your room. Good luck!!
  • Question for you ladies, what is the difference between a planned c section and an emergency one?
  • I have heard the spinal is not with the tube it's just the shot since they know how long it's supposed to last
  • @jlynnfine85 I just had a spinal this time around and it hurt less than my epidural I had with my first. It was just a shot nothing attached to it. My legs went numb right away and by time I was in recovery for a half hour I was able to feel and move them again. As for the catheter it doesn't hurt at all it didn't hurt being taken out either I was able to have mine taken out in 6 hours. I just had to be able to walk to the washroom on my own.
    I was also able to have skin to skin contact with my son in the operating room and breastfeed him in recovery.
    Good luck tomorrow (although I know you won't need it)
  • @jlynnfine85 I just had a spinal this time around and it hurt less than my epidural I had with my first. It was just a shot nothing attached to it. My legs went numb right away and by time I was in recovery for a half hour I was able to feel and move them again. As for the catheter it doesn't hurt at all it didn't hurt being taken out either I was able to have mine taken out in 6 hours. I just had to be able to walk to the washroom on my own.
    I was also able to have skin to skin contact with my son in the operating room and breastfeed him in recovery.
    Good luck tomorrow (although I know you won't need it)

That's what I had heard thank you for clearing that up for me