July 2015 Moms
Options

not much movement

I haven't felt much movement from LO all day. I called the Dr 3xs and still haven't gotten a call back. Finally got ahold of the front desk who sent the nurse a high priority message so hopefully they will call me. I didn't feel baby all day and ha. have tried eating andond drinking. About 40 minutes ago i ate cheese, almonds, chocolate, drank a Capri sun and an ice cold water and I've been laying here since. I have felt about 5 very slight movements since And that has eased my mind a little bit. I have also had diarrhea all day...I'm 37 weeks 3 days. I'm hoping this is all normal! Anyone else?

Re: not much movement

• Options
    I would personally go in for a non-stress test at the hospital. 5 movements is encouraging definitely and it could be nothing, but why not set your mind at ease? I was sent in for one last week (at 36 +2 days) and all ended up being fine, but it was such a relief to have my mind set at ease and know that if there was anything to be worried about they could deal with it immediately
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. Even called LDR aftet trying ice water, popsicle, back massager on my tummy, music through my belly button via ear bud. This part is nerve wrecking. My mom suggested she's preparing for labor. But I just want her to make her presence known like she's been doing up until today. ~X(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My dr just called back and said to keep a close eye on baby and keep drinking a lot of sugary stuff. I usually feel him move all day long so this is very nnerve-wrecking Like @smccall3838 said!! How far along are you? I have a check up in the morning so I'm hoping baby is fine. Maybe he is just having a lazy day.
  • Options
    My baby is an ass (and I mean that in the most loving way!!)... Hardly a movement before the NST and then when they hooked me up to the machine s/he decided to act like there was a football game going on in my belly. Still, they treated me very well and said they'd rather people come in if they are concerned - especially when you've already tried all the known tricks to get baby moving and it still won't.
  • Options
    My doctor always says to drink a sugary drink and then lay down. If you get 5 separate movements baby is doing well. If you don't get five movements within the hour to call. Anytime baby's movements slow or almost stop it's terrifying! Way to call your doctor and stay on top of them when you weren't getting a response! Good luck to you!!
    image Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ya'll! I feel like a huge worry wart these last couple weeks. Every little thing gets my mind going. Knowing I could go into labor at anytime is exciting and nerve-wrecking! Being a FTM is scary haha!
  • Options
    @mfitch9191 I'm 38w today. My appt was yesterday where doc said she may be here Saturday.
    Hubby is with me now and she almost always moves for him. She's moving, but I'm still not satisfied...
  • Options
    mers90mers90 member
    bridgitd said:

My baby is an ass (and I mean that in the most loving way!!)... Hardly a movement before the NST and then when they hooked me up to the machine s/he decided to act like there was a football game going on in my belly. Still, they treated me very well and said they'd rather people come in if they are concerned - especially when you've already tried all the known tricks to get baby moving and it still won't.

My baby is like this too haha! And it's the same when they grow up! You call the paediatrician at 3am because they have a terrible fever and can't stop throwing up so he tells you he'll meet you at the hospital in 30 minutes and when you get there the fever started going down and he's not throwing up anymore! Trust me, I've been there at least 3 times.
  • Options
    Baby has been moving a lot more the past couple hours...phew!! I guess he is just having a rest day. Still having loose BM's and a constant back ache. It's just been a rough day!