October 2015 Moms
Options

What even is sleep

I just don't even sleep anymore. Its like I take naps throughout the night. I am so uncomfortable I can't even believe it. I cannot get comfy on my side because I was a tummy sleeper and my body wants to sleep on my tummy. I constantly have to pee, like every hour, and I try to cut off eating and dinking by 7 pm. I swear I'm up every hour to pee. If I have anything in my bladder I get terrible restless legs. Not sure if those two are connected or not. I tried going to bed at 9:30 last night and I know I didn't fall asleep until around 12:30 because I had to take a warm bath to calm down my legs and noticed the time when I was done. Then I made sure to check each time I got up... 2:30, 4:30, 5:30 and finally 7. Three more months of this...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What even is sleep

• Options
    @BrooklynBroussard I think I'm going to break down and get one. I like the donut idea.! Mmmm donut.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    rue:Drue:D member
    So far I've been sleeping okay other than waking up 2-3 times a night to pee or let the dogs outside if DH forgets to before he goes to bed. But I'm definitely getting more and more uncomfortable while trying to get to sleep initially, which sucks :(
  • Options
    I haven't slept through the night in months. 3-4 bathroom trips a night, plus it takes a while to find a comfy position before I fall asleep. I woke up at around 4am this morning disappointed that it wasn't 6:30am (normal wake-up time for me). Thinking about locking myself in my office and napping during lunch. ;)
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. I just saw this on a friend's Facebook page...I think I'm going to try it.
  • Options
    I just don't even sleep anymore. Its like I take naps throughout the night. I am so uncomfortable I can't even believe it. I cannot get comfy on my side because I was a tummy sleeper and my body wants to sleep on my tummy. I constantly have to pee, like every hour, and I try to cut off eating and dinking by 7 pm. I swear I'm up every hour to pee. If I have anything in my bladder I get terrible restless legs. Not sure if those two are connected or not. I tried going to bed at 9:30 last night and I know I didn't fall asleep until around 12:30 because I had to take a warm bath to calm down my legs and noticed the time when I was done. Then I made sure to check each time I got up... 2:30, 4:30, 5:30 and finally 7. Three more months of this...
    This is my LIFE! IF I do manage to get comfortable then the baby is kicking or my husband is snoring SO LOUD. I just want to sleeep.
  • Options
    I'm doing a lot better than some of you ladies, but I miss my full nights of sleep. I wake up twice a night to pee, and each time it is maybe an ounce. I'm always like, "seriously, body, that thimbleful of liquid couldn't wait until morning?" Ridiculous. Then I wake up earlier than I want to every morning and just lie there sadly for a while.
  • Options
    I have weird dreams, muscle spasms, and then I sweat in my sleep like a 500 pound man! Today was the first time I've slept more than a few hours in a WHILE. I guess I'll be ready for late nights up with baby but I'm now using a frozen gel face mask, 2 kinds of eye cream and concealer to cover these designer bags under my eyes...
  • Options

This is my LIFE! IF I do manage to get comfortable then the baby is kicking or my husband is snoring SO LOUD. I just want to sleeep.

I don't even sleep in my own bed anymore with my husband because he takes up too much room and I move too much and wake him up. I usually end up on the couch or with my 4 year old and her bed is more comfy anyway.
  • Options
    swcmswcm member

OMG. I want to try the inner tube!

• Options
    I'm like some others!  Just getting up to pee a few times a night.  I do find my hips starting to hurt from sleeping on my sides!  And I cannot sleep with a blanket on me anymore.  I'm finding that it helps my legs cramps.  At least them being constantly cold does....we have the air on and ceiling fan.  If I'm warm then my legs start cramping up.

• Options
    I totally wake up to what feels like a loaded bladder, it ends up being a couple of drops. @DeeGreer I sweat like a mad man too! Last night I kept waking up when the central AC would stop, I would warm up immediately and then sweat bullets for 15 minutes until the air turned back on.  I also hate that I can't snuggle with DH! Bombarded by too many pillows! Snuggling always puts me right to sleep :( 
  • Options
    cmjn94cmjn94 member
    Seriously! Even on a good night I wake up once or twice! My doctor recommended Tylenol PM or taking tylenol and Benadryl together! Maybe ask your doctor if you can take something to help you get to sleep.