February 2016 Moms

TW Tuesday

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
BMJ born 5.27.2014
MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
SMEJ born 6.5.2016
BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

Re: TW Tuesday

• I nominate myself. Apparently I got poison oak or poison sumac and it itches like a mothereffer. It won't go awayyyy. :'(
    Benjamin born on - 4/5/12
    BFP 12/31/14, EDD 9/08/14 ~ Natural M/C 2/21/14 at 11.5 weeks
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• That sounds miserable, @bookqueen.

DH is a TW. One does not simply wake a pregnant lady 4 times in one night...

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Loading the player...
  • My DH is a major TW as well. This is his 3 week layoff time between jobs, so he's home and suppose to be finishing projects he started before he leaves again for work. Well the last week all i hear about when i get home is how he took a nap, rented a few movies etc. No projects done. No housework done. Major case of the lazies. I've been up since 5:30 with our youngest and hes still in bed. Grrrrr
  • Tw to the douche bag that decided squawking his tires at 1 am would be a good ideas he woke ds up and it took forever to get him back to sleep, and then the douche bag does it again at about 3.. Thanks dumb ass the rest of us don't need sleep.... Can I tw a rash? Because ds woke up with one all over and idk what it is :(
  • I'd like to add our outside counsel on one of our lawsuits. I've been working late, coming in early, skipping lunch, missing seeing my daughter, all because they can't do their job.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• My coworker right now (who I actually adore). She has these long fake nails that tap, tap, tap on her keyboard when she types and it's truly going to do me in today!
  • I nominate the appraiser who appraised the house we are trying to buy. He took 4 weeks and under appraised it (and that sticks to the house for 6 months)! After so many obstacles we over came, he came and shiat upon it on and left. Now we are left with another mess. -____- . And I also paid him $400 for that too! :/

• I'd like to nominate my sister for the TW award. I came from Ohio to visit her in Los Angeles. My DH told me when we were making plans he thought it was a bad idea, but I was determined to see my sister. She called me a two weeks before our trip that she was asked to travel to Texas for work and would be gone for one week. I told her if that's true, it should be ok because we would be arriving in LA the same day. She goes "Oh great! Then no worries!"

Then I find out the day before we leave that actually, she isn't going to be in town until 4 days later. And she never communicated that. We were able to arrange to get her apt keys with the guy that was watching her cat, so me and DH were squatting in her apt for 4 days. DH went back the day she came in, and I stayed a few more days to actually see her. But I'm still hanging out in her apt alone while she's at work. And I'm uncomfortable exploring this expensive city alone.

Worst. Vacation. Ever.
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • geojam224 said:
    I'd like to nominate my sister for the TW award. I came from Ohio to visit her in Los Angeles. My DH told me when we were making plans he thought it was a bad idea, but I was determined to see my sister. She called me a two weeks before our trip that she was asked to travel to Texas for work and would be gone for one week. I told her if that's true, it should be ok because we would be arriving in LA the same day. She goes "Oh great! Then no worries!"

Then I find out the day before we leave that actually, she isn't going to be in town until 4 days later. And she never communicated that. We were able to arrange to get her apt keys with the guy that was watching her cat, so me and DH were squatting in her apt for 4 days. DH went back the day she came in, and I stayed a few more days to actually see her. But I'm still hanging out in her apt alone while she's at work. And I'm uncomfortable exploring this expensive city alone.

Worst. Vacation. Ever.
    WTF, that's just weird. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• One to the lady who comes to the obgyn office who obviously didn't hold back on her wretched perfume and second to the other lady who has been talking on her cell nonstop. Noise and smell pollution as I sit here trying not to vomit waiting for my appointment. Thanks ladies.

Pregnancy Ticker

Happy Birthday Month to Me!

• My co-worker/trainee is a total TW today. I keep telling her to wait on stuff that I need to train her on and that I am doing something with a tighter deadline (tomorrow vs the 10th) and that as soon as I'm done I will sit with her. She has been at my desk at least 6 times asking the same questions...I'm ready for TP Thursday. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

F16 Sep Siggy Challange - Fav Thing About Fall (even though "fall" won't be here until at least Dec)
    Green Bay animated GIF
  • My good Ol' hometown made national news for a "Confederate Flag Parade" where there is  a video with awful language and now a huge uproar over the police "promoting" the parade although the police says we were just there for safety, even though in the video (that has even now made its way to Saturday Night Live) these people driving the trucks/cars with their flags proudly waving crash into each other. Ugh, its a small town in north GA, we used to be known as the Carpet Capital of the world, now I feel like we are the idiot capital and its going to turn into a huge ordeal. Rants all over facebook claiming race issues, and now new plans of events to go against the "Rednecks" with the flags. Just craziness~! 
  • je5sc0je5sc0 member
    TW is my husbands company. He just got back in town (not home) from a 5 day trip. And they immediately send him on another! He won't be back until midnight and I seriously need him!
  • The apt complex we live in is finally replacing the retaining wall outside - which has provided hours of entertainment watching about 6 guys, only 2 or 3 of who are actually working at a time.  Today they were finishing by re-doing the stones on the ground.  Two were shovelling the stones from the dump truck into wheelbarrows.  #3 was standing there with his hands over his ears b/c of the sound.... for at least an hour.  Ummm.... yeah.... it was odd to watch
    28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
    Kiddo #1 = 10 cycles of trying, 1 CP and is now a toddler
    TTC#2 since 2/2017

• Can I nominate the weather? I live in South Florida and I cannot walk outside without physically losing my breath. It's like 98 with a zillion percent humidity.

• There really isn't any other place to post this and I don't want to make a SS/AW post, but I love trolling other boards: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12594006/were-having-a

FTR, I do work - We just filed a major motion today and I have nothing else to do with my time.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• magnumJ said:

There really isn't any other place to post this and I don't want to make a SS/AW post, but I love trolling other boards: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12594006/were-having-a

FTR, I do work - We just filed a major motion today and I have nothing else to do with my time.
    This is legitimately the best thing that has happened to me today, even if the mention of tacos made my stomach turn. Thank you, ma'am, your work is done here.
  • There really isn't any other place to post this and I don't want to make a SS/AW post, but I love trolling other boards: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12594006/were-having-a

This is legitimately the best thing that has happened to me today, even if the mention of tacos made my stomach turn. Thank you, ma'am, your work is done here.
    I'll keep posting other awesome links as I find them :)

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• g0lightly8706g0lightly8706 member
    edited June 2015
    TW of the year goes to DH's cousins who are absolutely driving me to want to punch them.
    I've said before I am a freelance photographer just starting out, so a lot of my clients are family and his family. I did a shoot for his cousins and aunt and uncle with their mess of kids (all under 10 years old including two newborns) and it was annoying but i did it. They came back at me "unsatisfied" with the location (even though i fucking asked a million times if they wanted to walk around to some other spots) so I offered a complimentary reshoot since they're family. 
    For the past month, they keep changing the date on me. I just got ANOTHER fucking message asking if I had another date available, which i don't because I have other clients who book me. They only have sundays free and July/August is already busy for me.. but they keep expecting me to drop everything because they can't seem to agree on a date where they are all free for one damn hour. I am about to just say fuck it and go find another photographer but i can't because that could hurt my rep.. but holy fuck i have never ever met such ungrateful people who think i am here to cater to them and don't understand i can't just drop my other clients for their stupid family.

------------
    ETA: I'M FREE!!! she finally backed out after two months of realizing i'm not their own personal photographer who can drop everything for them. I'm doing the biggest happy dance around my house now!!! so freaking glad i never have to work them again!!!
    Married: 8/25/12
    Started TTC: 1/1/14
    BFP: 6/1/15
    Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16

• magnumJ said:
    There really isn't any other place to post this and I don't want to make a SS/AW post, but I love trolling other boards: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12594006/were-having-a

This. Was. Awesome.

BabyFetus Ticker

• magnumJ said:

This. Was. Awesome.

Agreed! Despite the fact that nothing I've eaten in the last 24 hours has stayed down I now really want a taco and a choc cupcake. So tempted.
  • magnumJ said:

Now I really want Swiss rolls...

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • I agree with you, @g8trkim! I really, really want a cupcake now.
  • This afternoon, off a convo about attending an event I told hubby we can do "whatever you want." He came back with a BJ and me making a chocolate cake. I countered with a HJ and little Debbie brownies. He agreed. I'm hoping to only have to pay up with the brownies.
    BabyFetus Ticker

F16 Sep Siggy Challange - Fav Thing About Fall (even though "fall" won't be here until at least Dec)
    Green Bay animated GIF
  • VkrosaVkrosa member
    I want Swiss rolls too and yes I peel them apart. lol.
  • Vkrosa said:

I want Swiss rolls too and yes I peel them apart. lol.

Omg! And just get the log of cream in the center! (that sounds dirty - sorry!)
    That's my fave thing about Swiss cake rolls.... Peel off the chocolate, unroll the cake layer then just eat the cream. It's what makes them better than yodels.

Feb '16 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing About Fall: Haunted Houses and Scary Movies! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Anyone else catch the mention of cupcakes?
  • I just want a Swiss cake roll.... Man.

Downside of country living, 25 min to the nearest grocery store.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I nominate the horrible woman at the restaurant tonight. Two of my friends and I went out for dinner and a movie. At a table near us, a very loud woman was telling her table about how her sister had a miscarriage. Then she proceeds to tell everyone that her sister was "not really pregnant because she had a blighted ovum". So you know, she shouldn't have been sad because she never was *actually* pregnant, even though she had a d&c. To make matters worse, one of the women at her table started crying and said she had just had a miscarriage. And despite this, the first woman kept going. W. T. F.

After 3 losses (including a blighted ovum and d&c in January), I was super annoyed at her insensitivity.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @SarahS06 if I were there I don't think I'd have been able to not say something...that is not cool at all

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016