Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Hi ladies! I'm new to this whole thing. I read I'm supposed to introduce myself, so here it goes.
I'm 20, been married for 2 years. (Got married young because my husband was scheduled to deploy and plus we didn't wanna wait.) I'm a teacher to a wonderful class of twenty-four 4-5 year old kids.

We are gonna start trying soon.
I've looked up some things on how to conceive faster, but wasn't sure what really works. I've been on birth control since I was 15 so that concerns me a little as well. I guess what I want to know is had that caused any problems with any of you ladies and also what have you done that seemed to help you conceive faster? I'm currently taking zinc, prenatals, and folic acid.
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Also, no bashing either please (:

Re: Newbie

• Options

Hi ladies! I'm new to this whole thing. I read I'm supposed to introduce myself, so here it goes.
    I'm 20, been married for 2 years. (Got married young because my husband was scheduled to deploy and plus we didn't wanna wait.) I'm a teacher to a wonderful class of twenty-four 4-5 year old kids.

We are gonna start trying soon.
    I've looked up some things on how to conceive faster, but wasn't sure what really works. I've been on birth control since I was 15 so that concerns me a little as well. I guess what I want to know is had that caused any problems with any of you ladies and also what have you done that seemed to help you conceive faster? I'm currently taking zinc, prenatals, and folic acid.
    Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Also, no bashing either please (:

Why would you be bashed? Did you do something?

Nothing will make you conceive "faster". You can learn some techniques like temping and tracking your cm and using opk to understand your cycle better and give you more information to insure you are having sex at the right times. Download Fertility Friend and lurk a whole lot on this forum, there's a ton of information here.

• Options
    While there is no guarantee you won't be flamed, you should follow the TOUs, lurk, and use the search function to keep the possibility down. Also, please take a moment to look at this discussion: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12555891/if-you-could-tell-a-newbie-anything

It has some helpful information in it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello and good luck!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    The faster you hump, the faster you get pregnant \:D/
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Options
    I recommend the reading book Taking Charge of Your Fertility, getting a BBT, temping, checking your CM, and using fertility friend. Also lurk and lurk some more on this board. Good luck :)
    Triple LFAF IVF Cycle:

• Options
    Don't always assume that just because you're coming off HBCs that it'll take the full 6 months or whatever to get back to normal. DH and I agreed to remove my patch 2 months after getting hitched, expecting to enjoy up to 6 months of hot, steamy, newlywed sex. I turned an HPT positive a mere 3 weeks later, lol.

I second/third/fourth getting TCOYF and using FF to track BBT & CM.
  • Options
    Welcome- I'm new too :) 

ME: 31 | DH: 31

Married: April 2015

TTC (BBT & FF) #1: April 2015 (Off BC: January 2015)

Fur Baby: 1 English Mastiff (Rupert) 

• Options
    Welcome - good luck!

:)