January 2016 Moms

first ultrasound

allisonjaneyoallisonjaneyo member
edited June 2015 in January 2016 Moms
My guess has been that I am 12 maybe 11weeks. I went today for my first visit. We did an abdominal scan but I couldn't really see anything. My boyfriend says he saw something. The doctor said he can see something in there but I'm probably not as far along as I thought. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm stressing out.

Re: first ultrasound

• Is there a reason they couldn't do a transvaginal to check for viability/ to see how far along you are to get a proper due date? To me it seems that's something they would need to do
  • sck601sck601 member
    It's usually pretty hard to see something in the first tri with an abdominal ultrasound. Is there a reason they didn't do a transvaginal ultrasound?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • SovvySovvy member
    They didn't give you any more info?

pregnancy #1 :: daughter lost to chromosomal abnormality at 18 weeks
    pregnancy #2 :: son, born Aug 2011
    pregnancy #3 :: due Jan 2016
  • I would agree with PPs-- if you're supposed to be 12 weeks and they couldn't see anything, I would think they would have given you some more information or done some more testing. If not, if I were you I'd be giving them a call to see what is up!
  • Are they having you come back soon? They should have done it transvaginally if they couldn't see anything abdominally. What else did they say?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • allisonjaneyoallisonjaneyo member
    edited July 2015
    I go back in two days for the transvaginal and my blood test results. It's going to be the longest two days of my life.
  • I'm not sure why they didn't do the transvaginal right away, the equipment was right there. He insisted we have something in there but I'm still worried to death.