February 2016 Moms

Slight pink discharge, no cramps---am I OK?

Hey all!

I'm only 6 wks, but one time when I peed today I had some slightly pink mucus-y discharge.  I've gone to the bathroom again several times and no discharge.  I got pregnant using fertility treatments and I have had one MC, one successful baby (who's 2), and one bio-chemical pregnancy.  Has anyone else experienced this.  I'm trying not to freak out.  First OB appt is Monday.  Please give me some piece of mind!!!!

Second-time Mommy & OPML 
M/C (Angel Baby) 10/2011
AKZ 2/20/2013
LPZ EDD 2/24/2016

Re: Slight pink discharge, no cramps---am I OK?

• I'd call your doc, as if you're RH- they may want to give you a rhogam shot. But other than that, you're probably fine. Spotting occurs in 20% of normal, healthy pregnancies.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• RRC216RRC216 member
    @stephz44I got light baby pink discharge today. Amount was about the roundness of a tip of an eraser. Very minimal. I freaked also! I called my nurse right away and she said its nothing to worry about. I am on progesterone and it can cause this. If you get cramps and red blood then she said that when to come in. Just keep an eye on it.  That's what she told me. I have no discharge anymore too. I think we are fine! I think we just got a good scare today!!! I'm right there with you!!

Mommy to my Angel baby Domenico Anjelo M/C 11 weeks 12/20/2014
    C/P 4/15/2015 5 weeks
    BFP 6/15 /15 Due: 2/25/16

• Loading the player...
  • PaniaOPaniaO member
    My doc actually said some bleeding occurs in 40% of healthy pregnancies. Pinkish mucus is probably old blood. Let your doc know though, yep yep.
    S & A married 8.12.2013
    Expecting Saulie O 2.12.2016
  • @cicchettifamily- I am also on progesterone (prometrium, to be exact).  Thanks for the words of encouragement....I hate the fact that I've had a MC already, cause it's the burden of information.  And now everything little thing that I feel (slight cramp, or discharge) I'm going to automatically think MC.  I might online chat with a nurse tonight for some more comfort.
    Second-time Mommy & OPML 
    M/C (Angel Baby) 10/2011
    AKZ 2/20/2013
    LPZ EDD 2/24/2016
  • RRC216RRC216 member
    edited June 2015
    @stephz44 Anytime! I've had 2 MC. Had a chemical pregnancy around easter. So I know exactly how you feel! I flipped out a few hours ago!! But from what I've read, its normal. My sister who was not on progesterone also had this with both her pregnancies! I think we'll be ok! Do whatever makes your feel better! Remember slight cramps are normal. It's the uterus stretching! Also I thought I had cramping, I think it's all in my head. Your looking for the cramping because of the discharge! Keep me posted!! :o

Mommy to my Angel baby Domenico Anjelo M/C 11 weeks 12/20/2014
    C/P 4/15/2015 5 weeks
    BFP 6/15 /15 Due: 2/25/16

• MrsStacey15MrsStacey15 member
    edited July 2015
    I had that, for 2 days everytime I went to the toilet and wiped I got this minimal pink discharge. As this is my first pregnancy I panicked, phoned my GP and same day they got me an appt at the early pregnancy unit, they did an ultrasound and baby was absolutely fine, lovely strong little heartbeat. The GP said it was probably just a bit of breakthrough spotting. So don't worry :)