September 2015 Moms
Options

Baby Shower: Question

What is the appropriate etiquette for baby shower invitations for 1. Guests who you know won't be able to attend bc of prior commitments 2. Family who lives out of town and likely won't make it to the shower

Should they be sent an invitation, or is it better not to since you know they can't come anyways and don't want to essentially send and invite with registry information?

Re: Baby Shower: Question

• Options
    megewymegewy member
    I would send them one anyways. Most even if they can't make it will want to get you a gift anyways. A lot of my family from out of town bought a gift online and had it shipped to me.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Send one anyways, even if they can't come they'll be happy and greatful you extended the invite and who knows they might order online and have it sent to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would send one to them. They can have all the information just in case they do come and if they want to mail a gift they will have the information to do that as well
  • Options
    WDDCHWDDCH member
    Yup send one. They may want to send a gift and want to know where you are registered.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mrstzouganosmrstzouganos member
    edited June 2015
    I have a very large family, about half live out of state, and they all have been invited to my shower. Some will come and others will not, I don't expect gifts either however my Aunt in FL has already sent me a gift even though she can't attend my shower. I also have sent an invite to two people who I know had prior plans and will not attend, but they are practically family and I have known them for over 27 years! It's up to you, however an invitation is always nice to send even if you already know that they can't attend as it doesn't leave anyone out of celebrating you and your baby!
  • Options
    I agree with PPs. Also, I'd rather get an invite to a party I can't attend than wonder why I wasn't invited in the first place--you don't want to offend anyone just because you already know the date/place doesn't work for them (you don't need that added stress)!
  • Options
    I also agree with PPs. Send them an invite anyways. 1) just to let them know that you weren't being "stuck up" and didn't want them invited because that is not the case at all. 2) because they may still want to send a gift even if they can't make it. I have a cousin who lives in Wyo., I'm in ND and obviously wasn't going to make the trip just for a baby shower but my mom, two sisters and myself all pitched in on a gift and had it sent to her.
  • Options
    I live out of town and can't attend many parties, but my sister in law always tries to include me by sending an invite with a special note awkowledging that she knows I won't be able to come but they are thinking of me/missing missing me. I really appreciate it so I don't feel out of the loop.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    KereyLynn said:

I sent one out anyway. I didn't want them not to feel included or in the loop even if they can't make it or live out of state.

This is why I do!! I don't want anyone left out. :)