August 2015 Moms

Jerry Brown signs Vaccination Bill in CA

FYI, this just happened today in California. Not sure how I feel about it yet, although we do plan to fully vaccinate our daughter. 

Re: Jerry Brown signs Vaccination Bill in CA

• Loading the player...
  • I am all for it, and hope Idaho is quick to follow in this idea.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• I'm completely for it also and hope my state passes something similar.

I have heard the argument that kids who suffer seizures after receiving their vaccines will not be able to be exempt from the mandate though, and that that is why some are against the passing of the bill. Plus the implication that the government can make other mandates about individual's health choices.
    :-/

Me: 25 | DH: 25  
    DD: Aug. 15
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • micshi said:

I'm completely for it also and hope my state passes something similar.

I have heard the argument that kids who suffer seizures after receiving their vaccines will not be able to be exempt from the mandate though, and that that is why some are against the passing of the bill. Plus the implication that the government can make other mandates about individual's health choices.
    :-/

Any child who has an allergy to a certain vaccine, or has immune system issue can be exempt. A doctor can still say you can not vaccinate your child. The law got rid of people being able to not vaccinate their children due to "religious or personal beliefs" unless they choose to home school.
  • Completely happy with this, especially since we frequent Cali for work!
  • gulimzgulimz member
    I hope this happens in NJ.
  • @chrissynbrian I went through this too! I just got my license transferred to my new state so I was going to start subbing first since I was pregnant.. Doctors found I had the same problem with no immunity and I couldn't do it! So scary!
  • Yeah, we really had no idea that you could have had vaccinations all these years, but still not have any immunity. So gald we did the full spectrum of tests and found out.
  • Woop woop! Just another reason to love Cali :)
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • SHiebSHieb member
    For me it's not about the vaccines, I'm annoyed at the bill because I feel that no medical decision ever be forced or mandatory. A lot of people are going to either be forced to vaccinate, homeschool, or move. Just my opinion.
  • Vaccine preferences aside, I feel like this is a horrible thing. If the government can force you to vaccine a child, they've opened up a whole new world of things they can theoretically force law abiding citizens into. It sounds a lot like Austria right before WWII. Where does it end? Unwanted medical treatments? Sterilization? Euthanasia? Forced abortions? It is a slippery slope, no matter how good the intentions behind it may be.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Thank you for making it so I don't have to comment @Saratiff !! =D> I don't get people who have such an issue with it. I'd personally rather not have my child contract a deadly and preventable disease because people chose not to vaccinate.
  • gulimzgulimz member

This actually sets a very bad precedent for forced healthcare decisions. That's how I see it as a nurse

And as a nurse I see it as our country trying to prevent an epidemic
    This^^^^^
  • A few provinces in Canada have been doing this since the 80s...and you know what? The provinces that don't...we all faced the measles outbreak this year...weird huh?