June 2015 Moms

Healthy Mamas Check-in week of 6/29

I saw someone mentioned starting up the health/ fitness thread again. So I thought I would get the ball rolling. I figure staying healthy can be hard, especially when you are sleep deprived! So I figured we could motivate each other to stay healthy and well!

1. What fitness activities have you done this week?
2. Any challenges?
3.GTKY: What is your favorite healthy snack?

Re: Healthy Mamas Check-in week of 6/29

• 1. I've been going for walks. I started just going around the block, then to the clubhouse and back, but now am walking around the ponds and back (about 2 miles). It feels really good!

2. I have been craving sweets like no other post partum. I was fairly healthy most of my pregnancy, but now I crave all things sugary. I'm guessing it's lack of sleep. I am hoping I can get back to my healthy eating patterns because I think I will feel better and have more energy in the long run...

3. Apples and Almond Butter; also Chobani now has different types of chocolate yogurt that are pretty good
  • That was @janit368. Good luck with your activities, ladies! I'm not there yet but I'll be cheering you on!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 5 weeks pp so was given the ok to start light exercise last week. I ran/walked 3 days last week for 30 min. Didn't realize how out of shape my abs were. But my goal this week is to do it for 4 days and increase my running time by a few minutes so instead of 15 min each time go up to 18.
    My challenge or issue has to be getting used to the new boobs. I was an a pre pregnancy and now a solid d. So they hurt when I run. I know I need to get a better bra.
    I love fruit.
  • KelamzKelamz member
    1. What fitness activities have you done this week? 3.5 weeks pp, c-section. I feel so good! I have been taking daily walks- slow and steady but up to 40 minutes.

My husband and I started a whole30 on June 16. Basically serves to detox me, eat clean as I am breastfeeding and an elimination diet for lo's major gas issues.

Have done two other whole30's
    On the past and have lost and kept off 15 lbs eAch time. First one was before dd was conceived, second was after her and now, this one.

2. Any challenges? C-section, two kids under two; had GD and gained 70 lbs (end result) between the two pregnancies.

3.GTKY: What is your favorite healthy snack? Like pp, almond butter! And plaintain chips!
  • 1. What fitness activities have you done this week?

We go for lots of walks. Not every day yet, but it's feeling better and better. After being practically on bed rest for the last 3+ weeks of my pregnancy (major back issues) I really felt like I had to retrain my legs for walking somewhat - that really shocked me, but is much improved! Looking forward to my PP appointment with my OB next week (she does them during week 4 instead of 6 weeks out) and hopefully getting the ok to do more.

2. Any challenges?

Health-related challenges: Dropping weight has been surprisingly easy thus far, but I'm afraid mostly because I've had no appetite since LO was born and also it's amazing how little time there is to eat. Hoping to get back to clean eating soon and trying to tone up!

Baby challenges: Colicky evenings/nights are no joke. That's all I'll say about that. Hopefully I'm still alive by the time she outgrows it.

3.GTKY: What is your favorite healthy snack?

I second the apples and peanut butter! Also cereal with fruit.

• edited June 2015
    1. I walk about every other day, and carry LO in the Moby. I've been walking with him to the grocery store with DH, helping to carry one backpack load on my back. Some squats with LO in the Moby, too. I'm trying to do the ab exercises the PT showed me in the hospital, but am a slacker. Started lots of at-home yoga stretches this week.
    This sounds like a lot, but I'm only getting about an hour or less of light exercise in each day.

2. Challenges: I'm always hungry and running out of healthy snack ideas. Indeed to keep hydrating more, too.

3. I have been eating zucchini slices with hummus lately
  • 1. I'm back to walking about two miles a day. I'm also trying to do my physical therapy more consistently. Maybe this thread will inspire me to do it daily. I really need to, it seriously helps with the pain.

2. It is so freaking hot here! It's hard to get out and walk in this weather. I can only go to the gym when dh is home now (baby changes EVERYTHING), but I really prefer being outside anyway.

3. Healthy snack? Working on that... I've been a little lenient with what i'm allowing myself to eat lately. But, started a diet yesterday (1900 calorie diet, mind you, thank you breastfeeding!) so i'm trying to do better. I do really love black bean hummus which is a recent discovery!
  • janat1717janat1717 member
    edited June 2015
    Walking a mile a day while carrying LO upright in my arms. Want to make time for yoga.

I am way hungrier now than pregnancy and am eating more gluten in an attempt to up my supply

Currently it is a local goats milk yogurt I found. I also have made a yummy hummus I added flax seed to