December 2015 Moms

16 weeks with small baby since 12 weeks

hey ladies so I need help my doctors said i was 12 weeks & 2days at u/s then when I go to regular check up appointment they said it was 11w 4d 2 weeks later but I felt they were wrong and should've informed me more at the day of u/s & I know for sure I didn't get pregnant three weeks after my LMP. So a lot are telling me nugget is just a little small I was a small baby I'm only 5'0 & so is my mom so this could be genetics. What made me believe I am 16w & 3d now because I feel nugget kicking or punching like the little popcorn feeling it scared the hell out of me at first lol then I was in complete awe. So I believe my original due date. Anyone else have this happen?

Re: 16 weeks with small baby since 12 weeks

• Have they changed your due date? There are quite a few reasons the baby could be smaller in utero then how it is dating. For instance, I need to take medicine for a heart condition that can make baby slightly smaller in utero. However, this will be made for up for within the first year of birth. I would recommend that you seek out an MFM if you cannot get any clear-cut answers. Good luck mama!
  • fioripfiorip member
    I think if something was wrong or your due date had changed they would have told you. There are ranges and standard measurements but not all babies develop at the exact same pace. Keep your original due date unless doctor tells you the contrary. How exciting you're already feeling the little one! I can't wait to start feeling movement
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Loading the player...
  • @fiorip they gave me no information at all at my u/s or the appointment no kind of clear answers as to why they would change things. They just said this is what it is then when I ask to explain how they show me numbers on a computer I'm not a doctor so idk what all that meant. When I talked to a nurse she explained things better and had to apologize on behalf of all the other people not giving me clear answers and if you were gonna change my due date don't you think you should call seeing as too how they told me at u/s I was 12w 2d then later calculate baby's measurements to tell me something else at the check up.
  • They may know more in a few weeks--close to the 20 week anatomy scan. Intrauterine Growth Retardation (IUGR) is something to watch if the baby is significantly small. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • @kmkaull2 exactly that's why I'm so nervous too because they said it so nonchalantly like if my baby is small then don't you think y'all should like keep a close eye on it and not just try to give me a new due date. But I'm not trying to stress over it I've been doing too much of that and my mom tells me to just relax if you wanna switch doctors do it if you want but just pray that baby is healthy and stress free. So I'm just trying to keep a positive outlook on things and feeling my baby kick also makes me happy.