February 2016 Moms

Crazy two year old

I am feeling nervous for this little babe growing with my crazy 2 year old jumping and trying to wrestle me. I know he can't help himself and he is too young to understand but I'm hoping my little baby will be fine. I'm sure I can't be the first with this concern. How did you tame your wild ones while preg?

Re: Crazy two year old

• I get nervous! I just try to be on guard when we are sitting together and stuff. I'll make sure my arm is near his leg so if he tries to kick I can stop him. things like that. As far as wrestling I am just too tired for that! haha I'll be like go do that with daddy. 
    Baby 2.0!
    BabyFruit Ticker

"http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32499b"
     28 Years old DH 29
    Married since 8/7/10
  • I have the same concerns. He keeps kicking my belly. He doesn't seem to understand don't kick mommy's belly because there's a baby inside.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not worried (yet), but my 13 mo old likes to belly flop on me these days and it's super uncomfortable. I just do my best to catch her mid leap. Babies are pretty protected in utero (I fell hard on my stomach at 7.5 months with DD and everything was fine), so I know I shouldn't worry too much, but I still will.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• I asked my doctor and she just laughed at me. She said that baby is fine for now, but that I should start stopping him from bouncing on me. 
    DS born 9/13/2012
    BFP#5: 8/21/2016
  • My 2 year old is crazy too. He doesn't get my stomach too much but his bony little elbows are always poking my sore boobs. The baby is really protected so I doubt your 2 year old could hurt it. Of course I'm not going to lay down and let him jump on my stomach but if I pick him up and he kicks my stomach or climbs on my lab and pushes on it I'm not too concerned.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Feb 2016 Siggy Challenge, Favorite Thing About Fall
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • NoelBird said:
    My 2 year old is crazy too. He doesn't get my stomach too much but his bony little elbows are always poking my sore boobs. The baby is really protected so I doubt your 2 year old could hurt it.

Yes, boney elblows are always finding my sore boobs.
    DS born 9/13/2012
    BFP#5: 8/21/2016
  • DS is almost 2.5 and I have started to teach him that there is a baby in my belly. So if he start jumping on me, I tell him he has to be careful and not hurt the baby. Usually he will then tell the baby he is sorry and give my belly a kiss. Melts my heart. 

Other times, I don't want him to feel like I don't want to play with him, so I do my best to block my belly and grab him before he can do any damage. This early on, baby is pretty protected, but I am trying to protect that little blueberry none the less. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• NoelBird said:

My 2 year old is crazy too. He doesn't get my stomach too much but his bony little elbows are always poking my sore boobs. The baby is really protected so I doubt your 2 year old could hurt it.

Yes, boney elblows are always finding my sore boobs.

Yes! Oh the elbows!
    And I am starting to move our wrestling matchs to the bed instead of the floor. This way I can stand on the floor and still rough house with him on the bed. It keeps him from leaping/pouncing/diving but we still can play.

• You can only do so much! I have five and three year-old boys, and I just try to barricade myself as best as I can when they're bouncing off the walls. Luckily, your baby is very well protected and the occasional knock and bump won't do any harm.
  • You can only do so much! I have five and three year-old boys, and I just try to barricade myself as best as I can when they're bouncing off the walls. Luckily, your baby is very well protected and the occasional knock and bump won't do any harm.

This. And prepare yourself to spends all your time protecting that baby when it's out of your body, too. My 2.5 yo still doesn't grasp the damage he does when he pounds on his little brother.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• lauren0571lauren0571 member
    edited June 2015
    My two year old son is the same way. He has always been extremely active and physical. I am not so much worried that he's going to hurt the baby. As mentioned above I think it's pretty well protected. For me it's the fact that I don't feel well and having my son crawl all over me and try to bounce on my stomach only makes it worse.
    Edited for miss type.
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I always think about this too. My 20 month old likes to kick while I change his diaper so I have to be careful. He also loves to lay on me but I don't think that would hurt anything since he is a light weight.

• I had a 13 year old fall on my stomach when I was pregnant with my son he was just fine, the baby is well protected your two year old won't hurt the baby