February 2016 Moms

Recommendations for pregnancy pillow?

do any of you experienced moms have a recommendation for a good pregnancy pillow? I'm already starting to have trouble sleeping due to hip pain and belly discomfort. Last time around, I went with a cheap body pillow and it didn't cut it for me. This time I want to get a real pregnancy pillow but don't know which ones are good and they seem like a pricey investment.
Appreciate your thoughts.

Re: Recommendations for pregnancy pillow?

• I was recommended the snoogle. I just got it and will try it out as soon as I get some sort of cover for it :) I'll let you know if I like it
    imageimageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ive heard good things about the snoggle I have the boppy pillow one that comes in three parts I wouldn't really recommend it . I find the Velcro annoying when I don't use one of the parts...
  • Loading the player...
  • I used a body pillow and it was perfect for me.
    Benjamin born on - 4/5/12
    BFP 12/31/14, EDD 9/08/14 ~ Natural M/C 2/21/14 at 11.5 weeks
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loved my snoogle. Can't wait to use it again.
  • Honestly I just used a regular body pillow and it worked fine for me - much cheaper!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hated my snoogle and haven't tried it again. I preferred a king size pillow.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• i LOVE my snoogle!  i bought it on amazon (link below).  the cover comes off for easy washing.  dh wishes he had one!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • i LOVE my snoogle!  i bought it on amazon (link below).  the cover comes off for easy washing.  dh wishes he had one!

They are an absolute bitch to get into the pillowcase. I tried one night while DH was out and did it wrong. I proceeded to cry for about 15 minutes because I was way too tired to do it again correctly. It's been sitting on my bedroom floor since.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• bookqueen said:

I used a body pillow and it was perfect for me.

2 body pillows one on each side so I could just roll from side to side
  • Thanks guys! Great suggestions!
    It looks like snoogle makes a mini version. I'm going to give that a try because I'm really short and feel like I might be less likely to feel lost in it.
  • I hated my snoogle. It was impossible for me to roll over comfortably and resettle it esp in 3rd tri. I loved the Boppy Cuddle pillow and the Boppy wedge. I use both with a few floppy regular pillows tucked around me in the end. The wedge doesn't look like much but has helped so much during each pregnancy when my belly got huge.

Bonus: the cuddle pillow makes a great nursing pillow.
  • I was going to get one that looks like a peanut. I can't remember the name, but i was reading reviews that people liked it better than the snoogle..

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • magnumJ said:
    I hated my snoogle and haven't tried it again. I preferred a king size pillow.

Same here. I would try a king sized pillow first and then buy a more expensive pillow.
    DS born 9/13/2012
    BFP#5: 8/21/2016
  • Another vote for the snoogle. It was awesome. I'm normally a stomach sleeper so it was really hard to try and sleep on my side. The snoogle really helped. It is huge and hard to flip from side to side, I just always kept it on one side of the bed. As for a case, I took two body pillow cases and put one on the top, one on the bottom and pulled them together to meet in the middle. I didn't want to buy an extra cover so this worked pretty well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Feb 2016 Siggy Challenge, Favorite Thing About Fall
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Snoogle works great for me! I'm already using it.
  • I used the Snoogle my last pregnancy and it was amazing. Before that I had a good five pillows trying to form some kind of in-bed recliner for myself. I am a stomach sleeper, as well, so I was straight up miserable until I discovered the Snoogle- highly recommend!